The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Birmingham Uni Accommodation???

I've looked round the Birmingham accommodation and I'm still not sure what I want to go for. I know its a personal choice but it would be great to hear any opinions on accommodation?

I'm looking at self catered and preferably en suite. I liked Mason, Tennis Courts, Maple bank and Oakley Court the most when I looked round.

I want a hall known for having a good social life, with out going people, but at the same time a place where I can relax and its not constantly party.

I've read so many mixed views such as Mason being stuck up and over priced, tennis courts being too party, Oakley being dull as its not on the vale and Maple being tacky....but I've read good things about all of them as well!

HELP???

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
Original post by sa13
I've looked round the Birmingham accommodation and I'm still not sure what I want to go for. I know its a personal choice but it would be great to hear any opinions on accommodation?

I'm looking at self catered and preferably en suite. I liked Mason, Tennis Courts, Maple bank and Oakley Court the most when I looked round.

I want a hall known for having a good social life, with out going people, but at the same time a place where I can relax and its not constantly party.

I've read so many mixed views such as Mason being stuck up and over priced, tennis courts being too party, Oakley being dull as its not on the vale and Maple being tacky....but I've read good things about all of them as well!

HELP???

Thanks in advance

Hey, I've just applied for accommodation and chose to put Maple and Tennis courts first, based mainly on price and also because I wanted to be in the Vale, which seems to be where most 1st years go. I think they get a 'tacky' reputation because theyre just less modern, but i met 2 students at the open day who went Tennis Courts and absolutely loved it. I mainly based on how many students go there to judge how sociable the halls will be. I decided Mason was too much so put Jarratt Hall for an en-suite option..
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by izzygibb
Hey, I've just applied for accommodation and chose to put Maple and Tennis courts first, based mainly on price and also because I wanted to be in the Vale, which seems to be where most 1st years go. I think they get a 'tacky' reputation because theyre just less modern, but i met 2 students at the open day who went Tennis Courts and absolutely loved it. I mainly based on how many students go there to judge how sociable the halls will be. I decided Mason was too much so put Jarratt Hall for an en-suite option..

Thank you!! Did you fill out all 6 options?
Reply 3
Original post by sa13
Thank you!! Did you fill out all 6 options?

Yeah, just did the 6 cheapest (excluding any partner accommodations and global communities) hahaha
Reply 4
Original post by izzygibb
Yeah, just did the 6 cheapest (excluding any partner accommodations and global communities) hahaha

Have you firmed? Any idea how likely it is to get our first choice accommodation?
Reply 5
Original post by sa13
Have you firmed? Any idea how likely it is to get our first choice accommodation?

yeah, i have no idea really! i'd hope it would work on a first come first served basis but i doubt it will be that simple
Reply 6
Hey I put mason first and then went for the meal plan options at the vale :smile:

I was wondering, what did you out in terms of preferring a quiet flat? I'm not sure what to put since I'm not the loudest person and don't really go out loads but I don't want to be pestering my flat mates to go out if they're the type of people who hate going out? :smile: just would like to know what other people are putting :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by JannaX
Hey I put mason first and then went for the meal plan options at the vale :smile:

I was wondering, what did you out in terms of preferring a quiet flat? I'm not sure what to put since I'm not the loudest person and don't really go out loads but I don't want to be pestering my flat mates to go out if they're the type of people who hate going out? :smile: just would like to know what other people are putting :smile:

I put loud..... I like going out every now and again and I'm quite a chatty social person but at the same time I don't want to be going out every single night and I do want to be somewhere that I can actually relax and get a good nights sleep when I need it. My friend who is at the uni told me that if I put quiet I will probably be with introverted people, who don't go out or go to flat parties much. She said that if I put loud I will more likely be with people like myself who like to go out to socialize so in that sense are loud but never the less they aren't out every night... That was just her personal opinion but it made sense to me :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by sa13
I put loud..... I like going out every now and again and I'm quite a chatty social person but at the same time I don't want to be going out every single night and I do want to be somewhere that I can actually relax and get a good nights sleep when I need it. My friend who is at the uni told me that if I put quiet I will probably be with introverted people, who don't go out or go to flat parties much. She said that if I put loud I will more likely be with people like myself who like to go out to socialize so in that sense are loud but never the less they aren't out every night... That was just her personal opinion but it made sense to me :biggrin:

Ahh yeah that makes sense :smile::smile: I was wondering whether it might be the other extreme of having flat mates that never really go out :smile: thanks for the advice!
[QUOTE="sa13;63662797"]I've looked round the Birmingham accommodation and I'm still not sure what I want to go for. I know its a personal choice but it would be great to hear any opinions on accommodation?

HELP???

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE

Hello

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending