The Student Room Group

World Twenty20 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Original post by Student403
A west indian!!!! :nutcase: :woo:

Lol, yes we do exist. As I said don't expect me to be an expert on the sport. Back in January, my Indian friends were horrified when they were talking about Sachin Tendulkar and I replied "who's that? An Indian singer?" (Bet I'm gonna get a lot of backlash from Indians on this thread too, apologies.)

Anyway CMON WEST INDIES!!!!!
lol
Original post by STLJA
Lol, yes we do exist. As I said don't expect me to be an expert on the sport. Back in January, my Indian friends were horrified when they were talking about Sachin Tendulkar and I replied "who's that? An Indian singer?" (Bet I'm gonna get a lot of backlash from Indians on this thread too, apologies.)

Anyway CMON WEST INDIES!!!!!

Hahaha it's all good :biggrin:

Original post by Mushfiqur Rahim
lol

Omg :toofunny: they don't call you the cheeky cricketer for nothing :teehee:
Original post by Smash50
Then why are you on this thread? Sore loser.

Hahaha
Why was Virat bowling the last over wtf. Tbh the game was long lost when russell and simmons hammered India loool
Original post by moment of truth
I'm guessing that's cause India beat Bangladesh? I wouldn't expect that from Mushfiqur Rahim!

They should not have won, poor decision at the end.
Mushfiqur you legend :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

b89caae6-15a4-4c87-ac80-8d56ca44da2d.jpg
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Mushfiqur you legend :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

b89caae6-15a4-4c87-ac80-8d56ca44da2d.jpg

LOOOL
basically pandya is a complete waste of a space. Yh he is a good pinch hitter but his bowling is terrible! You need someone like Irfan Pathan (albeit younger) who can bowl good swing and with pace and can provide good batting down the lower order. Also jadeja was the worst i have seen today
Sooooo. We've won 13 out of the 16 T20Is we've played in 2016 as well as our 6th Asia Cup title.

Time to sit back for the final and then there's the IPL to look forward to :woo:

But it's nice to see people making the most of a rare opportunity to celebrate :lol:
Mohit Sharma should have bowled, or even Bhuvneshwar kumar. Not even an India fan and i could have picked a better bowling team.

Why was Kohli bowling? does he not remember this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmmAtfUdIOI

Shows how much of a one man team India were this whole tournament, never deserved a win in the first place.
Original post by Youngmetro
Mohit Sharma should have bowled, or even Bhuvneshwar kumar. Not even an India fan and i could have picked a better bowling team.

Why was Kohli bowling? does he not remember this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmmAtfUdIOI

Shows how much of a one man team India were this whole tournament, never deserved a win in the first place.

Dude...chill lol Whether it be dumb luck or skill that they've got this far, I wouldn't say they shouldn't have deserved to get this far because no doubt that a lot of people worked hard on the team which must still be appreciated :smile:
I agree with u abt it being a one thing tho, virat was amazing

Honestly, the hatred for India on this thread is actually scary lol
Original post by setarcos
Dude...chill lol Whether it be dumb luck or skill that they've got this far, I wouldn't say they shouldn't have deserved to get this far because no doubt that a lot of people worked hard on the team which must still be appreciated :smile:
I agree with u abt it being a one thing tho, virat was amazing

Honestly, the hatred for India on this thread is actually scary lol

Dont get me wrong I did want an England vs India final BUT many do ignore that the team was very experimental and the bowling choice was honestly terrible. Kohli was spectacular but he didnt have a good enough team around him. In fairness, the pressure really was on today.
Hi, I'm new here but THE GAME TODAY KILLED ME! The West Indies played far better, but I felt so bad for Virat, he's such a good player and did better than most of the Indian bowlers... And he scored more runs than anyone else in the match.
Original post by Youngmetro
Why was Virat bowling the last over wtf. Tbh the game was long lost when russell and simmons hammered India loool

Virat isn't a bowler obviously but to be fair he took more wickets this match than most of the Indian bowlers.... A grand total of ONE!
Original post by PixelatedOwl
Virat isn't a bowler obviously but to be fair he took more wickets this match than most of the Indian bowlers.... A grand total of ONE!

He's had quite a bad record at bowling, India lack death bowlers tbh. They're too focused on having bowlers that suit ODI but forget t20
Original post by Indeterminate
Sooooo. We've won 13 out of the 16 T20Is we've played in 2016 as well as our 6th Asia Cup title.

Time to sit back for the final and then there's the IPL to look forward to :woo:

But it's nice to see people making the most of a rare opportunity to celebrate :lol:

All of this :smile:
Original post by PixelatedOwl
Hi, I'm new here but THE GAME TODAY KILLED ME! The West Indies played far better, but I felt so bad for Virat, he's such a good player and did better than most of the Indian bowlers... And he scored more runs than anyone else in the match.
new here too:hello:but as a Pakistani i'd have to disagree with you about feeling sorry for india lol
True :lol:

How far did your team get? Do tell :teehee:

Idk why i quoted u twice sorry! :facepalm:

But shh :ninja:
Nah jokes, all in all, personally i think India coulda won it if Ashwin had bowled in the last over instead of Kohli :tongue:
But hey ho, at least youse played the semis :rolleyes:
Original post by Student403
:toofunny: WOWOWOWOW

Is that real?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest