The Student Room Group

Help drowning in revision

So I made a timetable for revision but now looking at everyone else's it seems so inadequate. I got good mock results which has KILLED my motivation to revise but I know I need to. I've remade my timetable like every day this holiday and I don't know how to start revising I'm sooooo stressseddddd :frown:((((
1.) Don't compare yourself to other people.
2.) Make your goals realistic
3.) DW bout the amount of hours. Quality over quantity
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by rm715
So I made a timetable for revision but now looking at everyone else's it seems so inadequate. I got good mock results which has KILLED my motivation to revise but I know I need to. I've remade my timetable like every day this holiday and I don't know how to start revising I'm sooooo stressseddddd :frown:((((

Getting started is the hardest part. It isn't a motivational problem, it's a problem for disciplining yourself to revise. At the moment you 'need' to go to school, until you're at the legal age of 18. So you don't need good grade, or do you?

If you 'want' good grades and 'want' to stay in school, that should be motivation enough to revise and try your best with no comparisons to other people. Worry about yourself, everyone has different goals, if you manage your goal, you should be happy no matter what.

Good Luck.
Reply 3
Original post by rm715

If it covers every topic then that's good.
Work through methodically - making or adding to class notes.
Then cover over key words in your notes and fill in the spaces.
Put a topic (and subtopic) names in the middle of some paper and add what you can remember.
Then go back to your notes and add the information you didn't remember the first time around.

Once you're more confident, do past paper questions and depending if this is suitable to your subject - make revision cards based on past answers (works well for bio/chem) etc.

You will be fine if you work consistently. I also failed my mocks (I think I got Us in both Chemistry papers), but did so much better in the exams. Don't let it put you off because they are mocks and mean nothing in terms of your summer grade!

Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest