Veer-Zaara
Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna
Dil Ka Rishta
Dhadkan

Lol these movies are all basically forbidden love movies right? Its so cliched
Original post by BrokenLife
Here's some for you:love::blush::daydreaming:

https://youtu.be/8irN00_cTrs

God I hate when they randomly starting singing in random landscapes in bollywood movies :eviltongue: Is veer-zeera really worth watching?
Original post by Shiv Loves Maths
God I hate when they randomly starting singing in random landscapes in bollywood movies :eviltongue: Is veer-zeera really worth watching?

If that's the case then you won't like most of the best Bollywood movies suggested on here. Go for something like Kahaani, Talvar or Gangs Of Wasseypur - i.e. films which have no song/dance sequences.

And yes, if you can ignore your hatred of songs in landscapes, Veer Zaara is definitely worth watching. It's one of the best Bollywood films ever made. :smile:
Original post by asif007
If that's the case then you won't like most of the best Bollywood movies suggested on here. Go for something like Kahaani, Talvar or Gangs Of Wasseypur - i.e. films which have no song/dance sequences.

And yes, if you can ignore your hatred of songs in landscapes, Veer Zaara is definitely worth watching. It's one of the best Bollywood films ever made. :smile:

Lol i dont fully hate them! I can stand them but i wish they weren't there. Im not gonna stop watching bollywood movies cause their musicials or I would end up watching no bollywood movies
Lol i dont fully hate them! I can stand them but i wish they weren't there. Im not gonna stop watching bollywood movies cause their musicials or I would end up watching no bollywood movies

Well I believe enjoying Bollywood movies means embracing everything about them, including the songs and dancing. I don't understand people who watch the films but skip all the songs. Each Bollywood film is an experience and you lose half of that if you zone out during the songs.

Like I said above, not every Bollywood film is a musical. Yes Bollywood is well-known for its music but there are plenty of modern films without any songs or dance. If that's what you prefer then you should watch some of those. Not liking the songs doesn't mean you have to watch no Bollywood films at all.
Original post by asif007
Well I believe enjoying Bollywood movies means embracing everything about them, including the songs and dancing. I don't understand people who watch the films but skip all the songs. Each Bollywood film is an experience and you lose half of that if you zone out during the songs.

Like I said above, not every Bollywood film is a musical. Yes Bollywood is well-known for its music but there are plenty of modern films without any songs or dance. If that's what you prefer then you should watch some of those. Not liking the songs doesn't mean you have to watch no Bollywood films at all.

Lol sometimes the sings are so immersion-breaking, unless its a comedy I can't take it seriously. 95% of bollywood movies have singing dancing sequences so you cant avoid them. I still like how refreshing bollywood is in comparison to hollywoods recycled crap. I absolutely adored talvar its like they mixed hollywood mystery with bollywood passion!
Lol sometimes the sings are so immersion-breaking, unless its a comedy I can't take it seriously. 95% of bollywood movies have singing dancing sequences so you cant avoid them. I still like how refreshing bollywood is in comparison to hollywoods recycled crap. I absolutely adored talvar its like they mixed hollywood mystery with bollywood passion!

I disagree. I think song and dance actually adds to the narrative of many Bollywood films, especially in romances where the characters are shown to fall in love through songs. Veer Zaara is a perfect example, and like I said it's one of the best Bollywood films ever made.

If you enjoyed Talvar then you know you enjoy mystery/thriller films. So take a look at D-Day, Baby, A Wednesday, Madras Cafe and Detective Byokesh Bakshy - all fairly similar to Talvar and have no songs. You shouldn't rule out every Bollywood film because you don't like the songs - there are plenty of options available.
Veera is a great movie abt a true hero... I recommend it. 🤓
Kapoor and Sons!!
Original post by asif007
I disagree. I think song and dance actually adds to the narrative of many Bollywood films, especially in romances where the characters are shown to fall in love through songs. Veer Zaara is a perfect example, and like I said it's one of the best Bollywood films ever made.

If you enjoyed Talvar then you know you enjoy mystery/thriller films. So take a look at D-Day, Baby, A Wednesday, Madras Cafe and Detective Byokesh Bakshy - all fairly similar to Talvar and have no songs. You shouldn't rule out every Bollywood film because you don't like the songs - there are plenty of options available.

I generally don't judge a movie based on its genre, and some of my favourite indian movies have dance sequences. Tbh I loved the song sequences in om shanti om. Im a fan of all movies im just not a fan on dances in particular thats all. :smile:
Original post by asif007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymuNkKuToao
These are the type of sequences I like, where the story is progressing, emotions build up and has a lot of energy behind it. Sadly most sequences feel like a pause in the movie
My heart literally went zoobie doobie when I read the thread title!!
Original post by asif007
Most of the top Hindi films have been mentioned already. But here's a few more:

Spoiler

Just a few:tongue: :biggrin: no but seriously great choices, love so many from that list!

My other faves:
English Vinglish
Makhi (clever story and hilarious)
Ghajni
koi Milgaya series
bang bang- ok so half the story is copied but still awesome with great music
Mausam
Boothnath 1 and 2
Munna Bhai MBBS
Gabar returns
dhoom series
dawate Ishq
Original post by Can't think name
Veera is a great movie abt a true hero... I recommend it. 🤓

Do you mean Veer, starring Salman Khan? I thought it was decent but definitely not the King's best film. :s-smilie:

Original post by godofwine
Kapoor and Sons!!

Awesome! Tell us more about why you enjoyed it! :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymuNkKuToao
These are the type of sequences I like, where the story is progressing, emotions build up and has a lot of energy behind it. Sadly most sequences feel like a pause in the movie

I don't understand the logic behind that. Why such a specific criterion for enjoying the songs?

Original post by FabulouslyAwks
My heart literally went zoobie doobie when I read the thread title!!

Just a few:tongue: :biggrin: no but seriously great choices, love so many from that list!

My other faves:
English Vinglish
Makhi (clever story and hilarious)
Ghajni
koi Milgaya series
bang bang- ok so half the story is copied but still awesome with great music
Mausam
Boothnath 1 and 2
Munna Bhai MBBS
Gabar returns
dhoom series
dawate Ishq

I've never heard of Makhi so I Googled it - it's a South film dubbed in Hindi so it doesn't count, lol. :biggrin:

I've seen all the others apart from Bhoothnath 1 and 2.
Raghu Romeo
where do you all watch movies?
any website??? :colondollar:
Original post by asif007
Do you mean Veer, starring Salman Khan? I thought it was decent but definitely not the King's best film. :s-smilie:

I don't understand the logic behind that. Why such a specific criterion for enjoying the songs?

I've never heard of Makhi so I Googled it - it's a South film dubbed in Hindi so it doesn't count, lol. :biggrin:

Lol why do you love arguing with me man?
Original post by fatima1998
where do you all watch movies?
any website??? :colondollar:

Torrents

Lol why do you love arguing with me man?

Calm down dude, I'm not arguing with you. Each to their own. I just can't understand your reasons. And I don't understand how anyone can enjoy Hindi films but not the songs. :s-smilie:
Original post by asif007
Torrents

link?
Original post by asif007

Still a hilarious film!:biggrin: Bhoothnath is very sweet and 2 is even better with a great social message.
Original post by asif007
Torrents

Calm down dude, I'm not arguing with you. Each to their own. I just can't understand your reasons. And I don't understand how anyone can enjoy Hindi films but not the songs. :s-smilie:

Lol im a pirate too. Lol as I've said before I don't hate all their songs, i like a couple.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending