The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BristolFresher15
Does anyone know how the application process works in terms of documentation? Can I send a few items and not the entire list? I'm currently living in a country other my permanent residence, so I would have to go back to get a medical certificate for example. Could I send what I can now and maybe receive an offer conditional on handing the remainder of the documents in?

Quoted you in case you have any clue, since you're active on here :smile:

You will have to find out but I don't think a medical report needs to come from a your country. As long as it comes from a registered doctor it will be fine.
Hello,

Does anyone here know how is the university in Bucharest ?? I am willing to apply for my postgraduate (which is in Belgium called a Master) in veterinary medecine but diddn't manage to find a lot of experience from other students ...
And do you know where I can find the application form ?

Thanks
I am a second year medic (nearly third year) at MU-Plovdiv Bulgaria ! Ask Me Anything, Im hoping to do some major mythbusting !!!
Original post by Bullet Knuckle
I am a second year medic (nearly third year) at MU-Plovdiv Bulgaria ! Ask Me Anything, Im hoping to do some major mythbusting !!!

Probably not what you were expecting, but I wanted to ask about the accommodation; specifically if there are uni halls similar to the UK unis.

And also wanted to know about your thoughts on student life, city life and nightlife as an international student.

How do you find it in such a uni compared to the UK unis where there is freshers and student unions with nights out etc
Hi, can I ask how you've funded it!? This is the most difficult thing for me! No idea what my options are that way!
Probably not what you were expecting, but I wanted to ask about the accommodation; specifically if there are uni halls similar to the UK unis.

And also wanted to know about your thoughts on student life, city life and nightlife as an international student.

How do you find it in such a uni compared to the UK unis where there is freshers and student unions with nights out etc

Heyy about accommodation its quite cool. I live in a stunning 3 bed apartment and we rent it privately. It's really nice and you could get a house like this in the UK esp for the price. I pay like 150 per month. There my friends in the UK spend 500 pounds a month for a crappy uni halls lol XD

Uni halls here are cheap its like 72euros but you just get like a shared room, one desk and a wardrobe. Its down to preference and buget.

City life is great, nice weather beautiful sights, friendly people. Plovdiv is a tourist destination.

Night life depend on whether or not you were a crazy club goer in the UK. Its satisfactory lol Bulgarians wanna enjoy themselves too lol

The uni didn't doesn't have student union building as such or organise fresher event because this is quite a UK thing. HOWEVER, due to the high volume of student studying here we have create our own union, societies and we organise fresher events and balls parties etc
Original post by kwalsfaa
Hi, can I ask how you've funded it!? This is the most difficult thing for me! No idea what my options are that way!

Hey

I came when they was a tuition fee loan system in place. However, due to the high volume of students that came seeking this loan the banks were exhausted and the loan is no more... Some student had to go back home and pay for the fees themselves. 4000eu semester x2 8000eu per year.

Sorry this aint much help.

I really can't compare because lm a school leaver, however l do study along side alot of graduate and obviously it doesn't compare lol you are in Bulgaria haha

But If you are focused and you know why you are here ... you WILL make it xD
Original post by Bullet Knuckle

Thanks for the info :smile:
Does anyone know the easiest way to get documents legalized when applying without an agency? I'm Canadian but staying in the UK at the moment, so is there a way I could get that done here?

Do I even have to do it? I'm applying to GT Popa and all my documents are in English obviously, so is the legalization bit very important?

I tried emailing them but no answer at all.
Does anyone know the easiest way to get documents legalized when applying without an agency? I'm Canadian but staying in the UK at the moment, so is there a way I could get that done here?

Do I even have to do it? I'm applying to GT Popa and all my documents are in English obviously, so is the legalization bit very important?

I tried emailing them but no answer at all.

You need to know exactly what needs to be legalised and how then speak to a notary.
Original post by Cooliomed
You need to know exactly what needs to be legalised and how then speak to a notary.

The application tells you that you need legalised copies of the certain few things they ask for.
Original post by maria-z
Heyy you could apply like I did through an agency. They arrange everything and make it really simple. I know how stressful it is when applying and also I know there are some agencies really taking advantage of students. I recommend the agency that I went through because they really lived up to what I expected. They got me admission, found me an apartment and also they arrange attachments with UK hospitals on graduation :smile: msg me if you need any help x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I also want to apply to unis in Poland and was wondering if you could let me know which agency did u use and how much did they charge you. many thanks
Hello every1,
I just wanted to know if there is any pakistani student whoz studying medicine from costanta Romania as I am also from pakistan n i need some help regarding my admission in costanta medical college.cheers:smile:
Reply 314
Hi,

Is there any Italian applying to Romanian med schools or studying there?

Do you know any good agency?

Thanks
Original post by Killyb
Hi,

Is there any Italian applying to Romanian med schools or studying there?

Do you know any good agency?

Thanks

I'm not Italian. But I know a couple people who've used Med Student Advisors to go to G.T Popa in Iasi. I have dealt with them and they are pretty helpful. I'll be using them too if my other applications don't work out. I don't know any others, though.
Reply 317
I'm not Italian. But I know a couple people who've used Med Student Advisors to go to G.T Popa in Iasi. I have dealt with them and they are pretty helpful. I'll be using them too if my other applications don't work out. I don't know any others, though.

Hi, so basically you are applying without agency and if it doesn't work you will contact them?
Hey guys, I'm thinking of applying to Bulgaria to Study Medicine and am now considering going through an agency that can guarantee entry to save me the hassle of not having a place.

Just wondering, has anyone used InterHECS?

Are they any good and what are the fees like? What entry requirements do they want? SME comes across too expensive to me, I can't justify spending £5,000 for an admission when I could use that towards a year's tuition fees..Any help and advice would be great and really appreciated!!

Thanks,Shay 😊
Original post by Killyb
Hi, so basically you are applying without agency and if it doesn't work you will contact them?

Oh, no. Sorry for the confusion. I meant I was waiting for a Czech university to respond. Romania was more of a back up in case I didn't get into the Czech one.

Latest