The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by keerthik
Hey guys! I spent today revising ICT and did past papers for Further maths, german higher reading and chemistry C3. I revised ICT by making some flash cards online using a website Zoe linked earlier on for the Edexcel board. The site seems really useful so thanks Zoe! I've only done the first chapter of Digital World so far but I aim to get it done within this week! Let me know if you've checked it out and tell me if it's helped you at all. :smile:
https://www.brainscape.com/packs/7409133/invitation?referrer=2082912

They look fab - I will certainly try and use them as much as I can!! I'm really glad you have found the site useful :smile:

And well done on everything you've done today :biggrin:

Original post by nisha.sri
Well done you've done a lot for a day :smile: Oh I've used that site for chemistry and it's pretty fab ,again thanks to Zoe for introducing it :smile:

No problem - glad I could be useful :smile:

Original post by keerthik
Thanks! And yeah, it is pretty awesome :smile: Gracias Zoe!

:biggrin:

Original post by hannahrobinsxn
decided to delete all of my social media. I have deleted my Instagram, Facebook, snapchat, whatsapp and kik - I feel so liberated! hopefully now I will have less reason to procrastinate and will get my work done faster!

aim for tomorrow - complete my structure paragraph in the second essay, also write some of the language points for My Last Duchess.

get to half way in my law book

will come back on here at the end of tomorrow and say what I have achieved :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice going - I barely use social media too - except TSR :biggrin:

But it's a great idea and I hope you can get more done now - good luck for tomorrow and all your studying, but make sure you are enjoying your break too :smile:
Hey,
An earlier update for today 31/03/2016
Today I didn't focus like i did in the past few days because i spent way too long on TSR and procrastinating :frown: hopefully this won't happen again but i got a fair amount of revision done :smile:
1. Notes on B3 ( All of them) - Took me 3 hours
2. Looked through the notes and memorised some of my notes.
3. Managed to get 3 past papers done on B3 ( Managed to get A's - shows that i need to work a little hard for my A*'s )
4. Maths Past paper
5. Looked at weaknesses on the past paper

Tomorrow I'd like to do Biology Unit 2 and get few past papers done, also a little bit of Maths and Chemistry/Physics :smile:

Well done on all this - remember though, you are allowed to enjoy yourself
Original post by brainzistheword
Well done on all this - remember though, you are allowed to enjoy yourself

Thank you :smile: - Haha :smile: Yup
Hey,
An earlier update for today 31/03/2016
Today I didn't focus like i did in the past few days because i spent way too long on TSR and procrastinating :frown: hopefully this won't happen again but i got a fair amount of revision done :smile:
1. Notes on B3 ( All of them) - Took me 3 hours
2. Looked through the notes and memorised some of my notes.
3. Managed to get 3 past papers done on B3 ( Managed to get A's - shows that i need to work a little hard for my A*'s )
4. Maths Past paper
5. Looked at weaknesses on the past paper

Tomorrow I'd like to do Biology Unit 2 and get few past papers done, also a little bit of Maths and Chemistry/Physics :smile:

Maybe after revising a lot and getting those A's on biology could be due to pure technique. You seem to be working very hard, working harder could really tire you out. Maybe, as a suggestion, try working on doing more past papers than notes, then make notes progressively.

That way exam technique is on the forefront of your mind which is important as exams are what you take at the end. Sometimes, just doing them for a while is better than doing notes for hours. Good luck, I'm sure you'll get them A*'s; you seem motivated to get them!

Maybe also take some time off for relaxation as you seem to get loads done but remember, sometimes information doesn't stay for too long if you do long hours without breaks!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
Maybe after revising a lot and getting those A's on biology could be due to pure technique. You seem to be working very hard, working harder could really tire you out. Maybe, as a suggestion, try working on doing more past papers than notes, then make notes progressively.

That way exam technique is on the forefront of your mind which is important as exams are what you take at the end. Sometimes, just doing them for a while is better than doing notes for hours. Good luck, I'm sure you'll get them A*'s; you seem motivated to get them!

Maybe also take some time off for relaxation as you seem to get loads done but remember, sometimes information doesn't stay for too long if you do long hours without breaks!

Hey,
Thanks for your advice :smile: Yeh I would agree with you, those notes were so tiring and the fact that it lasted 3 hours really annoyed me. I do take quite a lot of breaks but i should take more i reckon. I usually take breaks every 20 minutes for the first few hours then i would take an hour break :smile: I guess i should stick with the 20 minutes. :smile: That's very true, i am relaxing during the weekend so yay. Thanks for the advice once again :smile: :biggrin:

I don't even realise it but i actual put a lot of smiley faces when i type :biggrin: Haha
Hey,
Thanks for your advice :smile: Yeh I would agree with you, those notes were so tiring and the fact that it lasted 3 hours really annoyed me. I do take quite a lot of breaks but i should take more i reckon. I usually take breaks every 20 minutes for the first few hours then i would take an hour break :smile: I guess i should stick with the 20 minutes. :smile: That's very true, i am relaxing during the weekend so yay. Thanks for the advice once again :smile: :biggrin:

I don't even realise it but i actual put a lot of smiley faces when i type :biggrin: Haha

Smiley faces are good! "Anybody that smiles is instantly better":biggrin: (Random quote I know)!
Smiley faces are good! "Anybody that smiles is instantly better":biggrin: (Random quote I know)!

Haha lol :smile: :biggrin:
Are you in year 11?
any year 11s planning to apply to oxford? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3986463
Reply 1328
Every time I read people's posts on this forum I doubt myself,whether I'm doing enough revision or not.. :frown:
Haha lol :smile: :biggrin:
Are you in year 11?

Yep!
Original post by kennethdcharles
any year 11s planning to apply to oxford? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3986463

I certainly wouldn't rule it out :smile:, but I'm not sure if I could get in

Original post by MBFP
Every time I read people's posts on this forum I doubt myself,whether I'm doing enough revision or not.. :frown:

Hey don't compare yourself to others, do enough revision to make sure you understand what you need to know. It's not necessarily about what you do or how long you do it for, but how well you take in the information and can recall it.

I wish you the best with everything but if you ever need help you know where I am :smile:
UPDATE FOR 31/03/16

I think March has gone tooooooooo fast

Anyways:

English paper marked

Half maths past paper complete

Typed up more history on USSR and USR, as well as Yalta Conference

Chemistry C3 allotropes and rates of reaction

C3 past paper questions

German past paper (2009 one which was all German :s-smilie:)

Reply 1332
...English paper marked...

What do you mean? Did you mark them yourelf?
Original post by MBFP
What do you mean? Did you mark them yourelf?

No we did it in class and then went over the mark scheme afterwards to add more detail so I had example answers :smile:
UPDATE FOR 31/03/16
I think March has gone tooooooooo fast

Anyways:

English paper marked

Half maths past paper complete

Typed up more history on USSR and USR, as well as Yalta Conference

Chemistry C3 allotropes and rates of reaction

C3 past paper questions

German past paper (2009 one which was all German :s-smilie:)

I know right and tomorrow is April -:K: - We're getting closer and closer to our exams but you've done a lot :smile: Very well done. Do you do this all after school?
Yep!

How's your revision? :biggrin:
How's your revision? :biggrin:

At the moment, it's going great. Finished my notes now and so I am moving onto reviewing every subject and doing as many past papers as possible before the exams. :smile:
At the moment, it's going great. Finished my notes now and so I am moving onto reviewing every subject and doing as many past papers as possible before the exams. :smile:

Great :smile: Hope you do well and good luck
I certainly wouldn't rule it out :smile:, but I'm not sure if I could get in

Hey don't compare yourself to others, do enough revision to make sure you understand what you need to know. It's not necessarily about what you do or how long you do it for, but how well you take in the information and can recall it.

I wish you the best with everything but if you ever need help you know where I am :smile:

Why do you think that you're not able to make it to Oxford ? I'm hoping to study PPE at Oxford. Sorry I haven't been updating you guys. I actually have been doing a lot but I always seem to forget. I guess the reason why I'm forgetting is because of the exhaustion of studying so much. I'll post tomorrow. I promise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1339
What time do you guys go to sleep? :s-smilie::s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest