The Student Room Group

How often do you wash your hair?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Also every day. It is short, so gets messed up by sleeping, plus fine so looks dirty quickly.
Original post by yoda123
Every day
loving the username bud

Original post by keturah
Haha no. I have really dry hair so it doesn't get greasy unless I leave it two weeks, which I had to do after surgery.

I beg to differ....
ah no lucky you.
Every 4-5weeks
About twice a week

Posted from TSR Mobile
when my hair was quite long I'd wash it every other day
now that it's short, I wash it maybe every 2 or 3 days
but with a short back/sides and long on top style, if your hair is anything like mine, washing it will get all the volume out of it, and make it completely flat/lifeless
so washing it makes it soft but that's no good for a style like this
I'm a male with long, fairly thick, straight hair. I wash it every third day.
Once or twice a week, with dry shampoo top ups if it gets greasy I've noticed my hair is in much better condition since I quit washing hair daily, I use regis olive oil shampoo & conditioner.
Every other day at least, or else it'll be curly and messy :dong:
Wash?
normally 3 times per week
Original post by StrawbAri
Hair care has actually become one of my favourite hobbies :biggrin:
But I keep having setbacks :frown: so I'm switching from relaxing to texlaxing haha. Can't go natural for reasons I explained in that PM :redface:

Why can't you go natural?:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Everyday. I have to, because my hair is greasy that oil could drip if I don't wash it after 24h. :biggrin:
3-4 times per week because my hair gets oily, if I do it daily, scalp gets very itchy and cannot stand that!
Original post by Madeline_H95
Just get decent shampoo. I would rather have more oily hair in the long-run knowing I can just wash the oil out than go around with sweat and dirt in my hair.

I do have decent shampoo, it's because I know more about hair that I decided to not wash it every day. That shouldn't happen

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlmightyJesus
when my hair was quite long I'd wash it every other day
now that it's short, I wash it maybe every 2 or 3 days
but with a short back/sides and long on top style, if your hair is anything like mine, washing it will get all the volume out of it, and make it completely flat/lifeless
so washing it makes it soft but that's no good for a style like this

I've got the same cut but my hair type is already extremely thick so I have volume, I even get my hair thinned at the hairdressers cause it's so thick

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DustToDust
How are you all getting away with so little??? Mine has to be every other day but starts looking a bit grim a day after!!:frown:

I have thick hair that's like very dark, it takes ages for me to not wash my hair before anyone notices

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dinasaurus
I do have decent shampoo, it's because I know more about hair that I decided to not wash it every day. That shouldn't happen

Posted from TSR Mobile

The experts say wash hair every other day. there is no harm in washing hair every day. That's a myth some stylists use though research by scientists into the effects of it turn back nothing overly negative.
Reply 77
Every damn day. I have thin hair and live on the equator. Ain't no way I'm keeping that sweat in there for longer than twelve hours!!
Original post by Dinasaurus
I've got the same cut but my hair type is already extremely thick so I have volume, I even get my hair thinned at the hairdressers cause it's so thick

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have extremely thick hair too - it's just very straight, so it is naturally very flat so if it's washed it just gets very uncooperative when I'm making it stay up and out of my face - it's unfortunate that a build up of hairspray and an absence of shampoo (/conditioner) makes it more cooperative because some might think this is dirty. either I have soft and shiny hair which just lies flat, or I have less clean hair which looks "cool". it's a harsh compromise lol
(edited 8 years ago)
Once every fortnight

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest