The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

am planning to study law at Oxford :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannahrobinsxn

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see. What GCSES grades are hoping to get ? What would you be happy with realistically ? I wish you all the best Hannah. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

or Cambridge idk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
I see. What GCSES grades are hoping to get ? What would you be happy with realistically ? I wish you all the best Hannah. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i am in year 10 and I am hoping to get straight A stars - well that would be my aim :smile: tbh I would be happy with all A stars. thank you, I wish you the best of luck also :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
i am in year 10 and I am hoping to get straight A stars - well that would be my aim :smile: i would be happy with 8 Astars and 2A's. thank you, I wish you the best of luck also :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see. No harm in giving it your best I guess. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nisha.sri
I know right and tomorrow is April -:K: - We're getting closer and closer to our exams but you've done a lot :smile: Very well done. Do you do this all after school?

I've done it all in my free time yes, but that includes lunchtimes and before school :smile:
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Why do you think that you're not able to make it to Oxford ? I'm hoping to study PPE at Oxford. Sorry I haven't been updating you guys. I actually have been doing a lot but I always seem to forget. I guess the reason why I'm forgetting is because of the exhaustion of studying so much. I'll post tomorrow. I promise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I would certainly give it a go but like with everything it's not guaranteed. Don't worry about updating - just get everything you need to done and update when you have time :smile:

Original post by MBFP
What time do you guys go to sleep? :s-smilie::s-smilie:

10pm :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you want to do job-wise? :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
I've done it all in my free time yes, but that includes lunchtimes and before school :smile:

Oh wow well done :smile: Your so hard working zoe :biggrin:
Original post by MBFP
What time do you guys go to sleep? :s-smilie::s-smilie:

11 ish or 10.30 you :biggrin:
what results are you aiming for? X you seem to be working really hard!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw Thank you :smile:
I aiming for
Maths - A*
Statistics-A*
Biology-A*
Chemistry-A*
Physics-A*
English Literature-A*
English Language-A*
Psychology-A*
Geography-A
French-A*

I have already done two of my gcse's which are:
Maths IGCSE - A*
English Cambridge International Examinations- B ( but i am happy with that)

What about you ? and well done for deleting all of your social media :smile:
I've literally got no social media now before in year 10 i had instagram,whatsapp,facebook and snapchat. Trust me they are a large distraction :smile: :biggrin:
It's meant to be beneficial to revise in two times of day out of morning, afternoon and evening but not all three. Then you should split up these two into 1 hour sections to do 4 hours a day and take short but frequent breaks. Then you're meant to be able to cover everything you've learnt in ten days but idk about that
Oh wow well done :smile: Your so hard working zoe :biggrin:

ideally, i would love to be a lawyer

Posted from TSR Mobile
ideally, i would love to be a lawyer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow :smile: That's great , i want to study medicine so maybe neurologist or doctor :smile:
Aw Thank you :smile:
I aiming for
Maths - A*
Statistics-A*
Biology-A*
Chemistry-A*
Physics-A*
English Literature-A*
English Language-A*
Psychology-A*
Geography-A
French-A*

I have already done two of my gcse's which are:
Maths IGCSE - A*
English Cambridge International Examinations- B ( but i am happy with that)

What about you ? and well done for deleting all of your social media :smile:
I've literally got no social media now before in year 10 i had instagram,whatsapp,facebook and snapchat. Trust me they are a large distraction :smile: :biggrin:

wow those results are really good, well done :smile: I am aiming for straight a stars X I haven't got any GCSEs early though, just got coursework X

Posted from TSR Mobile
wow those results are really good, well done :smile: I am aiming for straight a stars X I haven't got any GCSEs early though, just got coursework X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile: Hopefully i'd get the grade :smile: Great, what subjects are you taking? If you don't mind me asking what did you get in your coursework BUT you don't have to tell me if you don't :smile: :biggrin:
Thank you :smile: Hopefully i'd get the grade :smile: Great, what subjects are you taking? If you don't mind me asking what did you get in your coursework BUT you don't have to tell me if you don't :smile: :biggrin:

I am taking geography, history, long course RE, English language, English literature, maths, triple science and Spanish (10 altogether)

so I have done most of my English coursework - I have completed all of the coursework for the language and am on the process of doing the coursework for literature.

for my English speaking and listening overall I got an A* (we had three different parts to it)
in my English language reading poetry analysis i got an A*
then i have submitted my creative writing but don't know what i have got for that, i think my teacher really liked it though.

i do English edexcel igcse so all of the poetry parts, speaking and listening and creative writing we get as coursework. then the prose, persuasive writing and books will be in the exam I guess :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am taking geography, history, long course RE, English language, English literature, maths, triple science and Spanish (10 altogether)

so I have done most of my English coursework - I have completed all of the coursework for the language and am on the process of doing the coursework for literature.

for my English speaking and listening overall I got an A* (we had three different parts to it)
in my English language reading poetry analysis i got an A*
then i have submitted my creative writing but don't know what i have got for that, i think my teacher really liked it though.

i do English edexcel igcse so all of the poetry parts, speaking and listening and creative writing we get as coursework. then the prose, persuasive writing and books will be in the exam I guess :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

WOW well done! I'm sure you'd get A*'s for gcse's :smile:
Good luck in your exams :smile: how's your revision?
Mine's going good but i feel like i need to be more motivated, the only thing that motivates me is youtubers who talk about their gcse results :smile: I know it's weird :biggrin: but i think i've watched nearly all of them :smile: Haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7csWX28TJg

This girl in the video is goals :smile: Haha
WOW well done! I'm sure you'd get A*'s for gcse's :smile:
Good luck in your exams :smile: how's your revision?
Mine's going good but i feel like i need to be more motivated, the only thing that motivates me is youtubers who talk about their gcse results :smile: I know it's weird :biggrin: but i think i've watched nearly all of them :smile: Haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7csWX28TJg

This girl in the video is goals :smile: Haha

thank you, I am in year 10 at the moment so thankfully I don't have to do much revision aha. yeah sometimes I find it very difficult to get motivated enough to do my coursework. well done on your revision! if it helps then it is a good method!

Posted from TSR Mobile
thank you, I am in year 10 at the moment so thankfully I don't have to do much revision aha. yeah sometimes I find it very difficult to get motivated enough to do my coursework. well done on your revision! if it helps then it is a good method!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile: Oh yeh I saw some of your posts above but i thought year 10's weren't doing coursework :s-smilie: I thought year 11's were the last year group to do coursework and controlled assessments. Haha Yup , i guess the main problem is motivation for everyone :smile: I guess :smile:
I've done most of my coursework but only for some of the subjects.
English - I've got an A ( which is alright)
Chemistry - A*
Biology - A and i was one mark of an A* but my teacher won't let me re-do it which is a shame.
Geography - A*
Physics - We haven't got it back yet :smile:
:smile: Oh yeh I saw some of your posts above but i thought year 10's weren't doing coursework :s-smilie: I thought year 11's were the last year group to do coursework and controlled assessments. Haha Yup , i guess the main problem is motivation for everyone :smile: I guess :smile:
I've done most of my coursework but only for some of the subjects.
English - I've got an A ( which is alright)
Chemistry - A*
Biology - A and i was one mark of an A* but my teacher won't let me re-do it which is a shame.
Geography - A*
Physics - We haven't got it back yet :smile:

I do edexcel igcse so maybe because of my exam board? I think for this particular exam board the coursework is getting rid of for next years year 10 students. Well done in your coursework :smile: yeah I just do coursework for English

Quick Reply