The Student Room Group

whats the best way to revise?

i have no clue how to start my revision i don't know where to start and how to revise effectively. Help!!!!!!
Flashcards, past papers. You need to make sure you know the content of each subject and do past papers to test yourself. Maybe look through some past papers so you can get an idea of what the exams will be like.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Flashcards, past papers. You need to make sure you know the content of each subject and do past papers to test yourself. Maybe look through some past papers so you can get an idea of what the exams will be like.

do you think recording notes is good
Original post by Username3097486
do you think recording notes is good

Yes they're very useful!!!
Original post by Annie243
i have no clue how to start my revision i don't know where to start and how to revise effectively. Help!!!!!!

I don't know if it will be helpful but I have a thread here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3897511 and if you go to pages 19-20 there are some revision tips for a few subjects but I don't know if they will be the same subjects as you, but you can always take them and apply them differently, if you like :smile:
If you make flash cards of all the information you need to know for a topic with questions on one side and answers on the other. Without realising it you'll remember loads. Then create a mind map and answer all the questions without looking at the answers. Once you're done look write all the answers you missed in another colour and go over it. Hope that helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Hey there, I'm in year 11 and I find that my revision techniques work extremely well for me (flashcards, mindmaps, notes and past papers) as I learn to understand the topics instead of just memorising. It also varies subject to subject. If you want some tips, have a look at my thread here where I share my revision tips, feel free to steal them! :biggrin:http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3895377
Reply 7
Thank you all for your suggestions I will be trying all of them out and see which works best thank you again

Quick Reply

Latest