The Student Room Group

What is better natural beauty or make up beauty?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hezzlington
Those who say natural beauty, why is it 'better' ?

isnt this quite obvious? she doesnt have to apply chemicals onto her face in order to look prettier lol...
Original post by welcometoib
isnt this quite obvious? she doesnt have to apply chemicals onto her face in order to look prettier lol...

If a naturally beautiful person applies make up...then what happens :O
If a naturally beautiful person applies make up...then what happens :O

the whole premise of this thread is to ask which of the two facial states is more preferential to someone being beautiful, hence a naturally beautiful lady wouldn't feel the need to wear any.
the whole premise of this thread is to ask which of the two facial states is more preferential to someone being beautiful, hence a naturally beautiful lady wouldn't feel the need to wear any.

That's not true, there are loads of naturally beautiful women in this world but most of them wear make up; they might not feel beautiful without make up.
That's not true, there are loads of naturally beautiful women in this world but most of them wear make up; they might not feel beautiful without make up.

yeah thats another story based on a persons self esteem, not whether being natural or make up based is better.
yeah thats another story based on a persons self esteem, not whether being natural or make up based is better.

self esteem plays a huge role in whether somebody deems natural beauty 'better' vs make up beauty.
self esteem plays a huge role in whether somebody deems natural beauty 'better' vs make up beauty.

i dont see how my self esteem would cloud me from judging whether a girl is beautiful without makeup or with? youre talking about how a girl feels about herself, this thread is discussing peoples opinions of other girls with out without makeup.
Reply 47
I am a natural beauty. I have never put on makeup ever.
Reply 48
makeup is not attractive at all
i dont see how my self esteem would cloud me from judging whether a girl is beautiful without makeup or with? youre talking about how a girl feels about herself, this thread is discussing peoples opinions of other girls with out without makeup.

Right okay,

so going back to my original question as to the people that stated natural beauty is better..

why would it matter to you if a girl is wearing make up or not? It's not you that has to put it on.
There is only a small percentage of girls who actually look GOOD without any makeup, most look better with a little foundation, concealer, mascara and something on their lips...
When guys say 'natural beauty' they don't realise there's makeup involved...
It's funny how most of the people saying natural beauty are probably the same guys who obsess over celebrities and models like Megan Fox and Kim Kardashian for example who probably wear insane amounts of make up and get surgery done etc. So if natural beauty is so much better why do so many people consider these celebrities as their physically ideal woman. The truth is naturally beauty isn't better because only a small amount of people have it, and if every girl in the world ditched all their make up and went natural well some of your perceptions of women would be ruined anyways. So stop pretending that you don't like women with make up because that's bullsh-t.
(edited 8 years ago)
I don't mind a little bit of makeup.. whatever floats her boat tbh... but I'm automatically not attracted to girls who wear ridiculous amounts of makeup... to the point where I'd notice it anyways. But if you're wearing makeup to make yourself feel good.. go for it.. you dont need to impress guys :smile:
Original post by Stargirl489
It's funny how most of the people saying natural beauty are probably the same guys who obsess over celebrities and models like Megan Fox and Kim Kardashian for example who probably wear insane amounts of make up and get surgery done etc. So if natural beauty is so much better why do so many people consider these celebrities as their physically ideal woman. The truth is naturally beauty isn't better because only a small amount of people have it, and if every girl in the world ditched all their make up and went natural well some of your perceptions of women would be ruined anyways. So stop pretending that you don't like women with make up because that's bullsh-t.

Spot on.
Natural beauty, not a fan of someone who puts alot of makeup on
I'm pretty sure some girls that look like they have no make up on to guys, at least use some lightly. So we're not in the best position to answer.

This is weird question. We've been used to seeing girls with at least some make up on, which does make them look better. If we genuinely preferred natural beauty, make up wouldn't be so popular.
Original post by Lord Samosa
I'm pretty sure some girls that look like they have no make up on to guys, at least use some lightly. So we're not in the best position to answer.

This is weird question. We've been used to seeing girls with at least some make up on, which does make them look better. If we genuinely preferred natural beauty, make up wouldn't be so popular.

you should be very careful saying that, you'll get a barrage of ladies shouting that they wear makeup for themselves, not for guys.
Is this a trick question?
Natural of course.
Reply 58
Have you ever gone on a first date without make up?

I have, and I usually go on nights out without it too The most I ever wear is a bright red lipstick for a bit of fun, and even that's probably only 3/4 times a year.
I don't know if this has any relevance but I'm going to get it off my chest.
It's so annoying when people say 'you only look pretty because you have makeup on' ok so then why don't u look pretty with makeup on??????

Quick Reply

Latest