The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just called Nottinghams admissions and they said that the latest we should hear back is by the end of next week!😧😧😧
Original post by StudentACMW10
Im so sorry to hear that! Did this happen today?

Yeah it did. I'm waiting for rejection tbh
Original post by Cewhite
Just called Nottinghams admissions and they said that the latest we should hear back is by the end of next week!😧😧😧

At least know we know a firm date to hear by!!! Still hoping to hear from them today tho :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jayeshp
Yeah it did. I'm waiting for rejection tbh

Stay positive!!!
if anyone is waiting on bristol like me they just told me they 'hope to have all decisions out by early april', not specific but at least it should be soon
Queens university Belfast or Surrey as insurance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Velvetgh0st
Queens university Belfast or Surrey as insurance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends on whether you want to stay at home. Queens is ranked higher than Surrey. Also if you want to work in Belfast when you've finished studying, local law firms are keen on students who went to Queens. I know a girl who studied law at Oxford and the firm she applied to when she came back to Belfast took a Queens student.
Original post by Cholesta
It depends on whether you want to stay at home. Queens is ranked higher than Surrey. Also if you want to work in Belfast when you've finished studying, local law firms are keen on students who went to Queens. I know a girl who studied law at Oxford and the firm she applied to when she came back to Belfast took a Queens student.

As I've lived in Belfast for 4 years I kinda fancy being back in England and Surrey is a guaranteed year abroad but then queens is Russell group and more well respected 🤔

Posted from TSR Mobile
As I've lived in Belfast for 4 years I kinda fancy being back in England and Surrey is a guaranteed year abroad but then queens is Russell group and more well respected 🤔

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well if you could be sure that you'll get the grades for your firm it doesn't really matter. Either of them though Queens is definitely the better of the two.

Go for the certain Year Abroad - it will add heaps to your CV in terms of experience and employability.
Firming Bristol, insurance Cardiff :smile:
What is the best uni for law with these grades
Either
1. AAB
2 ABB
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am probably going to University of Edinburgh, to study international Relations and International law. Anybody got any opinions on the course in term of quality, prestigue, employability or other aspecta. Also, how easy it is to get internships and relevant experience in Edinburgh? How is University there? Heard the city is beautiful.
Original post by martinnmartin
What is the best uni for law with these grades
Either
1. AAB
2 ABB
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it straight law that you want? RG universities want AAA or above. However if you are prepared to do Law with Politics, with a language or with criminology it is AAB depending on the university. All the details can be found on each university website. Hope this helps.
If you do law with politics / criminology does it count as an LLB/ a qualifying law degree? Or do you then have to do a GDL? Or something else post-grad?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Coreling
If you do law with politics / criminology does it count as an LLB/ a qualifying law degree? Or do you then have to do a GDL? Or something else post-doc?

If it says llb at the end then it is qualifying but if it days BA or something else then you would have to do a conversion course aswell
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
If it says llb at the end then it is qualifying but if it days BA or something else then you would have to do a conversion course aswell

Read the course site carefully. I think one or two BAs may be QLD - such as the Warwick BA Law with Social Sciences. If you go that route, be sure to take the appropriate modules.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by qwertyuipdoe

See above
Exeter or Leeds? Leaning towards Exeter, so what do you think of it i.e. reputation, teaching, student satisfaction.
Thanks
Original post by Cholesta
Is it straight law that you want? RG universities want AAA or above. However if you are prepared to do Law with Politics, with a language or with criminology it is AAB depending on the university. All the details can be found on each university website. Hope this helps.

...Liverpool ask for AAB

Latest

Trending

Trending