The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sequin Rugby
Indeed circumstances have changed, the country has been transformed by mass immigration. Nobody wanted it, and it has done irreparable harm to our economy and culture.

I don't see any harm whatsoever that the immigration back in the 20th century has caused. It's made the UK the multicultural, diverse place that it is today. And plenty of people 'wanted' it.
Original post by honey55497
he is now allowed zakir naik was only banned becuz people these day takes his speech out of context listen to his videos carefully they cut words out

If you agree with Zakir Naik on anything you ought to be deported immediately. The man is a scum bag.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 142
Original post by Frank Underwood
I don't see any harm whatsoever that the immigration back in the 20th century has caused. It's made the UK the multicultural, diverse place that it is today. And plenty of people 'wanted' it.

NO ONE, wanted Immigrants to turn Europe into a richer and more economically diverse version of the Middle east due to Islamists destroying the rich culture here
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 143
Original post by KimKallstrom
If you agree with Zakir Naik on anything you ought to be deported immediately. The man is a scum bag.

Couldn't agree with you more mate.

The man is as idiotic as his audience who never do any research into the lies he spews about Christianity.
Original post by KimKallstrom

Completely agree

the man's an idiot fooling the gullible
Original post by #Zinan
NO ONE, wanted Immigrants to turn Europe into a richer and more economically diverse version of the Middle east due to Islamists destroying the rich culture here

Quite

I've voted it 4 general elections and not once do I remember any party openly telling people they wanted to allow a few million immigrants in to enrich our culture (in fact if you look you see it was those parties telling people they would control immigration that usually won)
Reply 146
Original post by BaconandSauce
Quite

I've voted it 4 general elections and not once do I remember any party openly telling people they wanted to allow a few million immigrants in to enrich our culture (in fact if you look you see it was those parties telling people they would control immigration that usually won)

Fact is I'm not 100% against Immigration, I mean allowing affluent people from people like Qatar or prominent people from Africa which might actually increase the economy of England and don't collect a dime of the government through welfare aren't a problem.

But the fact that the UK willingly accepts people who can't speak English, can't afford to pay taxes, and rely on the government to feed, cloth and shelter them, while raising up kids that will potentially cause harm to the culture, get radicalised and cause terror in the west, really says a lot about politicians having the interest of the people at hand.
Original post by paul514
No but friends, family, neighbours and associates have eyes and ears to see changes in behaviours, views and patterns.

It's not a big deal to report someone you suspect if they are innocent

Posted from TSR Mobile

reporting an innocent person could then lead to them feeling betrayed by the state/their community and push them into the arms of extreme clerics leading them on the path to actually become radicalized.
Original post by #Zinan

I said "20th century" for starters, and secondly, a lot of people have sympathy for the refugees who's home country has been turned into a three-faction proxy war between Turkey, Russia and the US, and also with extremists.
Quite

20,000 is not millions :facepalm:
Original post by SGHD26716
He did get a whole lot of reps

JSWs tend to.....
20,000 is not millions :facepalm:

shows how short sighted you are being

Immigration didn't start a few years ago
Original post by #Zinan
Fact is I'm not 100% against Immigration, I mean allowing affluent people from people like Qatar or prominent people from Africa which might actually increase the economy of England and don't collect a dime of the government through welfare aren't a problem.

But the fact that the UK willingly accepts people who can't speak English, can't afford to pay taxes, and rely on the government to feed, cloth and shelter them, while raising up kids that will potentially cause harm to the culture, get radicalised and cause terror in the west, really says a lot about politicians having the interest of the people at hand.

I do agree if we allow immigrants into the UK it must be because they have something to offer us and something we actually need

allowing immigrants into the UK who will only be a drain and cause issues in the future should never have been allowed to happen.
(edited 8 years ago)
I do agree if we allow immigrants into the UK it must be because they have something to offer us and something we actually need

allowing immigrant into the UK who will only be a drain and cause issue in the future should never have been allowed to happen.

Then why open the borders? You seriously think that the Romanians that were allowed to enter, two years ago, came here solely for work? The government is a very literate man, he knew they only came here to take advantage of our benefit system (which they're doing) :smile: So honestly, I give up with this issue of "immigration". For examples, refugees are coming here for "refuge" not to work.
Original post by #Zinan
Couldn't agree with you more mate.

The man is as idiotic as his audience who never do any research into the lies he spews about Christianity.

EVERY Religion is poison. An concept which, just, causes division between people.
Original post by Oblivion99
Then why open the borders? You seriously think that the Romanians that were allowed to enter, two years ago, came here solely for work? The government is a very literate man, he knew they only came here to take advantage of our benefit system (which they're doing) :smile: So honestly, I give up with this issue of "immigration". For examples, refugees are coming here for "refuge" not to work.

Because it's a scam to destroy the benefits system

People will be more likely to reject it if it's being abused by millions of foreigners.
Original post by honey55497
can i have proof for this

Sure, this proves his support for suicide bombings.
[video="youtube;3s6jVmhstLM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s6jVmhstLM[/video]
shows how short sighted you are being

Immigration didn't start a few years ago

So you're ignoring all of the benefits the immigrants from the 20th century brought to us?
So you're ignoring all of the benefits the immigrants from the 20th century brought to us?

Do try and actually read what I have wrote Frank
Do try and actually read what I have wrote Frank

I suppose if you make your points extremely vague its easier to counterattack any arguments people propose against you.

Latest

Trending

Trending