The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Social Policy with Government (LL42)

Hello everyone, I received an offer for the Social Policy with Government course a couple of months back. It is a very small course compared to some of the others so I wanted to try and find anyone else who has an offer. It would be nice to meet some of you beforehand :smile:

Thanks!
Original post by Redmonds
Hello everyone, I received an offer for the Social Policy with Government course a couple of months back. It is a very small course compared to some of the others so I wanted to try and find anyone else who has an offer. It would be nice to meet some of you beforehand :smile:

Thanks!

I really want to get into that course! May I ask your GCSEs A levels and AS'?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by JaqenH'gar
I really want to get into that course! May I ask your GCSEs A levels and AS'?

Hey, I have an offer to study Social Policy with Government and my grades were

GCSE: 7 A's 2B's and a C
AS Level: ABBD
A-level predicted: A*AA

Although this may not look great in TSR terms, I was helped out by the fact that my school is terrible, 36% 5 A*-C GCSE rates and my personal statement, if you don't mind the hint of hubris, was quite good.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!
Original post by Jerome85

Although this may not look great in TSR terms, I was helped out by the fact that my school is terrible, 36% 5 A*-C GCSE rates and my personal statement, if you don't mind the hint of hubris, was quite good.

Your GCSEs are good. TSR standards are delusional. I have 1 A* 4 As 5 Bs and 1 C. AS politics which I am sitting soon will get a High B or Low A. Will be predicted AAA for a level. Do you think I have a shot?
Original post by JaqenH'gar
Your GCSEs are good. TSR standards are delusional. I have 1 A* 4 As 5 Bs and 1 C. AS politics which I am sitting soon will get a High B or Low A. Will be predicted AAA for a level. Do you think I have a shot?

I think if you're predicted AAA, a strong personal statement will honestly do the trick. After meeting the department, they are far more interested in you as a person and your interest in the subject rather than the grades you get (obviously they are still important) and so a good PS with your grades should be fine.
Original post by Jerome85

Thanks for sharing your profile, it has given me confidence and I realise we have a similar profile.

GCSE: 7As including Maths and 4Bs including English Language
AS-Level: BB
A-Level Prediction - AAA
History, Gov&Pol and Philosophy

Submitted UCAS on the 19th Oct
4 offers from UCL, Kings, QMUL and City

Just waiting for LSE now

Quick Reply