The Student Room Group

iPhone 6 or iPhone SE?

Scroll to see replies

i mean if you really have to have an iphone then just pick whichever one is a better size for you. I would say however that if you are willing to consider them there is a much wider range of android phones available and they tend to be a lot lot cheaper as well
Original post by overthelove
Yeah I get what you're saying. But it just felt too flashy for me... Thats probably because I'd just come from having an iPhone 5! :smile:

That does make sense, it is a step up from a iphone 5, I guess i've been using a screen that size for many years so it just hard to think back.
Original post by samb1234
i mean if you really have to have an iphone then just pick whichever one is a better size for you. I would say however that if you are willing to consider them there is a much wider range of android phones available and they tend to be a lot lot cheaper as well

Issue is small Android phones that are any good are almost impossible to find, can't name one at 4 inches in size.
Original post by Oilfreak1
Features include stuff like greater battery life, fingerprint unlock and the like.
I then go on to explain why I have this opinion and it's all about how it feels in my Hands/pocket.

This is the post you had a bitch fit over.

Be more specific then, expect to get challenged this is a debating site.
Original post by Sebastian Bartlett
Issue is small Android phones that are any good are almost impossible to find, can't name one at 4 inches in size.

That is true, the market has been moving towards bigger phones recently, however there are still options around the 4.5 inch mark, most of which have a much better screen to body ratio than the iphones do (e.g. a z5 compact is only 3.2mm longer and 6.4mm wider than an se, despite having a 4.6 inch display rather than 4) so aren't actually drastically bigger
Be more specific then, expect to get challenged this is a debating site.

featureˈfiːtʃə/nounplural noun: features

1.a distinctive attribute or aspect of something."a well-appointed house with interesting decorative features"

I was explicit in what I meant when I said features, listing off battery life as an example.

If I wanted to talk internals i'd use the words internals.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
featureˈfiːtʃə/nounplural noun: features

1.a distinctive attribute or aspect of something."a well-appointed house with interesting decorative features"

If I wanted to talk internals i'd use the words internals.

Spoiler

You realise battery is internals? Don't get them mixed up then. You are wrong just admit it.
That is true, the market has been moving towards bigger phones recently, however there are still options around the 4.5 inch mark, most of which have a much better screen to body ratio than the iphones do (e.g. a z5 compact is only 3.2mm longer and 6.4mm wider than an se, despite having a 4.6 inch display rather than 4) so aren't actually drastically bigger

I agree with you but have you heard some of these responses they think anything larger than a kids toy - ie the 4S is too big. They are so manipulated by Apple they don't understand logical points like yours.
You realise battery is internals? Don't get them mixed up then. You are wrong just admit it.

did I say I want the internal battery of the 6s or did I say I want the battery life a feature of the later gen phones. You lack basic reading comprehension, just admit it.
did I say I want the internal battery of the 6s or did I say I want the battery life a feature of the later gen phones. You lack basic reading comprehension, just admit it.

The battery life is better on the SE and then you go on about if its size was the same. Make you mind up.
The battery life is better on the SE and then you go on about if its size was the same. Make you mind up.

I said if the 4s had the same battery life as the 6/6s it would be the perfect phone for me? Didn't compare the SE's life to anything. Confirmed you just can't read.
I said if the 4s had the same battery life as the 6/6s it would be the perfect phone for me? Didn't compare the SE's life to anything. Confirmed you just can't read.

Sorry what did you type? I can't read it (like you wouldn't be able to on a 3.5 inch screen). Why mention that phone in the 1st place, we are talking about the SE and if you think that is too big you have a problem. He doesn't care about your opinion on the 4S, he wants it on the SE.
I agree with you but have you heard some of these responses they think anything larger than a kids toy - ie the 4S is too big. They are so manipulated by Apple they don't understand logical points like yours.

There is nothing wrong with iphones - they are just different to android phones and each has their pluses and minuses. Off the top of my head:

Benefits of iphones: Much better cs then most android manufacturers, ios means that security updates can be pushed to all (hardware limitations permitting) iphones whereas fragmented android os means things like stagefright took a while to fix, smaller (on the whole), very nicely designed, probably slightly easier to just use.

Benefit of android: much greater variety of manufacturers, prices, specs, sizes etc, more open allowing use of launchers tasker etc etc (which may or may not be a good thing depending on the person).

Either way i don't really think you can say that people are foolish for buying an iphone - there are good reasons why they are so popular
There is nothing wrong with iphones - they are just different to android phones and each has their pluses and minuses. Off the top of my head:

Benefits of iphones: Much better cs then most android manufacturers, ios means that security updates can be pushed to all (hardware limitations permitting) iphones whereas fragmented android os means things like stagefright took a while to fix, smaller (on the whole), very nicely designed, probably slightly easier to just use.

Benefit of android: much greater variety of manufacturers, prices, specs, sizes etc, more open allowing use of launchers tasker etc etc (which may or may not be a good thing depending on the person).

Either way i don't really think you can say that people are foolish for buying an iphone - there are good reasons why they are so popular

Did not say iphones were bad and that people are foolish for buying them. I was talking about the size of the device that has been engraved in their minds by Apple propaganda and the fact people are manipulated by Apple, that is a fact. Read.
Sorry what did you type? I can't read it (like you wouldn't be able to on a 3.5 inch screen). Why mention that phone in the 1st place, we are talking about the SE and if you think that is too big you have a problem. He doesn't care about your opinion on the 4S, he wants it on the SE.

It was a supporting statement for the SE based on my personal stance regarding thicker and smaller phones. If only you could read this whole little tantrum could have been avoided.

I doubt you can read well at all regardless of screen size.
(edited 8 years ago)
It was a supporting statement for the SE based on my personal stance regarding thicker and smaller phones. If only you could read this whole little tantrum could have been avoided.

I doubt you can read well at all regardless of screen size.

You clearly can't form a clear or relevant argument, think the tantrum is coming fro you who can't admit they are wrong. Go to the naughty step.
You clearly can't form a clear or relevant argument, think the tantrum is coming fro you who can't admit they are wrong. Go to the naughty step.

What was I wrong about? You're the one who literally had a mini meltdown because you misread my post rofl.
What was I wrong about?

Relevance, I can't read, (in my opinion your opinion).
Relevance, I can't read, (in my opinion your opinion).

Considering you misread 4s for SE, what is it you've been banging on about all this time? Facts? Well, based on our exchange the fact that you have difficulty reading/comprehending text isn't opinion it's fact.
Considering you misread 4s for SE, what is it you've been banging on about all this time? Facts? Well, based on our exchange the fact that you have difficulty reading/comprehending text isn't opinion it's fact.

You must have misread the article title then. Guess we both can't read.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending