The Student Room Group

What is your favourite curry?

Scroll to see replies

curry smells like hot diarrhoea seasoned with vomit, so I've never eaten it
literally - if I was blindfolded and somebody put curry on my dinner table, I would legitimately be asking who farted/puked
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AlmightyJesus
curry smells like hot diarrhoea so I've never eaten it - :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: me, right?

Ummm... okay
Original post by Leviathan1741
Ummm... okay

I'm really sorry
Original post by AlmightyJesus
I'm really sorry

It's okay, not everyone likes curry :smile:
Reply 44
Chicken Tikka Masala or Korma I cannot handle spice whatsoever.
Original post by KaylaB
Chicken Tikka Masala or Korma I cannot handle spice whatsoever.

I prefer milder curries too :h:
I enjoy both mild curries and hot. It's probably my favourite food.

Tikka Masala and Pork Vindaloo are my favourites but as long as it's decent and there is no lamb in it I will eat any curry.

Balti pies as well :cool:
Chicken korma is my favorite. I had a veggie korma yesterday and I gotta say, it was pretty awesome.

There isn't a single curry restaurant in my town so I only get it when I go to a nearby town 30 miles away. :sad:
Original post by Sabertooth
Chicken korma is my favorite. I had a veggie korma yesterday and I gotta say, it was pretty awesome.

There isn't a single curry restaurant in my town so I only get it when I go to a nearby town 30 miles away. :sad:

Learn to make it yourself mate. It's better anyway. Easy as well. The spices will cost a fair bit but you'll get a shitload of meals from them so it is worth it.
Reply 49
madras
Original post by Wilfred Little
Learn to make it yourself mate. It's better anyway. Easy as well. The spices will cost a fair bit but you'll get a shitload of meals from them so it is worth it.

I tried to make it a few times when I lived in the UK. I'd buy the tubs of "curry powder" for like 50p from tesco, then add it to chicken, add some chicken stock and pineapples, raisins, chickpeas, and yogurt and voila! It is probably the least authentic curry possible but it was good (I like sweet with savory). No where near as good as a curry restaurant though.

Can't even buy the spices here (I live in the American south and people aren't too big on curry :tongue: ).
Just a korma. I am a noob when it comes to anything spicy :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leviathan1741
Hey guys,

Which curries do you like best? I personally love chicken tikka masala, korma and makhani :h:

just those 2 :colonhash:
Original post by Sabertooth
I tried to make it a few times when I lived in the UK. I'd buy the tubs of "curry powder" for like 50p from tesco, then add it to chicken, add some chicken stock and pineapples, raisins, chickpeas, and yogurt and voila! It is probably the least authentic curry possible but it was good (I like sweet with savory). No where near as good as a curry restaurant though.

Can't even buy the spices here (I live in the American south and people aren't too big on curry :tongue: ).

Ah gutted. The Americans don't know what they're missing.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Ah gutted. The Americans don't know what they're missing.

Southern BBQ is a pretty good competitor to curry :tongue:
i really like rogan josh/jalfrezi
with some peshwari naan omg
Original post by homeland.lsw
I can just imagine all the Indian people looking at this thread and laughing at all the white people curries :getmecoat:

I work with an Indian, and he is amazed at the stuff that is passed off as ''curry' in this country :lol:
Original post by Swanbow
I work with an Indian, and he is amazed at the stuff that is passed off as ''curry' in this country :lol:

Actually you can get very good curries in this country. Maybe not up north, but still.
All of them :smile:
Original post by ikhan94
All of them :smile:

Well said :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest