The Student Room Group

Guys: is he trying to date me or be a friend?!

I met this guy when he invited my friend for dinner (loves to cook) and he made me dinner too - he is a brilliant chef :biggrin: anyway, during the evening he was occasionally touchy feely, mainly acting like a gentleman etc. But he has a lot of female friends so I've been wary that he's a flirt.

Anyway, a couple of weeks later he asked me to meet for coffee. I was quite far away from him in the city but he had found a coffee shop near to where I was. In the end, I had to leave due to work, felt v bad about it and asked to reschedule. When we made a loose plan for a week later (that he said he was keen for), I never heard from him again!

So last night I am out again with friends & he appears. Again, we talked most of the night, he was touching me a lot & jokingly pinched my waist a couple of times. Said he wanted to cook for me again. He even forgot he was meant to be leaving to meet his flatmates at a restaurant & when I reminded him, he asked me to go with him. I couldn't as I had a visitng friend staying with me. As we parted, he says "I hope to see you soon for a drink at X pub". Another loose plan with no solid time! What do you think?
Original post by Anonymous
I met this guy when he invited my friend for dinner (loves to cook) and he made me dinner too - he is a brilliant chef :biggrin: anyway, during the evening he was occasionally touchy feely, mainly acting like a gentleman etc. But he has a lot of female friends so I've been wary that he's a flirt.

Anyway, a couple of weeks later he asked me to meet for coffee. I was quite far away from him in the city but he had found a coffee shop near to where I was. In the end, I had to leave due to work, felt v bad about it and asked to reschedule. When we made a loose plan for a week later (that he said he was keen for), I never heard from him again!

So last night I am out again with friends & he appears. Again, we talked most of the night, he was touching me a lot & jokingly pinched my waist a couple of times. Said he wanted to cook for me again. He even forgot he was meant to be leaving to meet his flatmates at a restaurant & when I reminded him, he asked me to go with him. I couldn't as I had a visitng friend staying with me. As we parted, he says "I hope to see you soon for a drink at X pub". Another loose plan with no solid time! What do you think?

I think you should actually meet up with him at somepoint and see how it goes! You don't have an awful lot of evidence yet :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by carrotstar
I think you should actually meet up with him at somepoint and see how it goes! You don't have an awful lot of evidence yet :wink:

Ha ha. Well I did try to reschedule and he disappeared!

When we've been out in groups we always drift together and I felt a spark. But what if it's not a date and then I feel like kissing him at the end...:biggrin:?
Original post by Anonymous
Ha ha. Well I did try to reschedule and he disappeared!

When we've been out in groups we always drift together and I felt a spark. But what if it's not a date and then I feel like kissing him at the end...:biggrin:?

The easiest way to decipher would be to find out during the meet up whether it's a date or not. Then you both know where you stand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending