The Student Room Group

Home Economics, Health & Social Single & Doublr

I am about to do AS in those subjects, with Biology. I enjoy all of them. I have to give one up, school won't let me do all 4. I want to be a nurse and hope to get Cs. Which should I give up?
Original post by vrm99
I am about to do AS in those subjects, with Biology. I enjoy all of them. I have to give one up, school won't let me do all 4. I want to be a nurse and hope to get Cs. Which should I give up?

Give up home economics as its the least relevant subject
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Give up home economics as its the least relevant subject

Thanks, the problem is I'm best at Home Ec and weakest at biology. My home ec teacher said I could do home ec as a fourth subject and it's practicals next year but I'm not an A grade student, I'll have to work hard for Cs so don't think I can cope with four.
Original post by vrm99
Thanks, the problem is I'm best at Home Ec and weakest at biology. My home ec teacher said I could do home ec as a fourth subject and it's practicals next year but I'm not an A grade student, I'll have to work hard for Cs so don't think I can cope with four.

If there's quite a grade difference between what you can get in home economics and biology then you should probably drop biology as if you're on C's getting your grades up would be more important than having biology really.
Reply 4
Thanks for your advice. Teachers recommend leaving my decision till I have my As results for home ec, and health & social, and my biology mock result. There's no thread on here about my subjects (except biology). If I get Es in As/mocks, I've applied to our local college to do level 3 extended diploma. I'm not sure if I can go to college for a two year course starting a year after everyone else. Ive only just applied.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending