The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hannahrobinsxn
I do edexcel igcse so maybe because of my exam board? I think for this particular exam board the coursework is getting rid of for next years year 10 students. Well done in your coursework :smile: yeah I just do coursework for English

Oh wow Lucky you haha Thank you x
Original post by nisha.sri
Oh wow well done :smile: Your so hard working zoe :biggrin:

Thank you - I don't work halfas hard as som people - like you for example :smile:

Original post by perspectives
It's meant to be beneficial to revise in two times of day out of morning, afternoon and evening but not all three. Then you should split up these two into 1 hour sections to do 4 hours a day and take short but frequent breaks. Then you're meant to be able to cover everything you've learnt in ten days but idk about that

I will look in to this - thanks for sharing :smile:
Hey Zoe, I sent some stuff via personal message :smile:
Tips on motivation guys, basically Ive been revising making notes since September so right now im relaxed and not stressed for exams. I just need to stay focused and put in that last effort but I think im getting lazy cause Ive done most of my notes etc.

Im aiming for all A*s and im track but I think its just this holiday tht ive felt kinda lazy
Original post by brainzistheword
Thank you - I don't work halfas hard as som people - like you for example :smile:

I will look in to this - thanks for sharing :smile:

Aww thank you :smile: It's only some days where I work hard not always
Hey Guys, UPDATE FOR 01/04/2016

So today I've managed to do everything that i planned to :smile:
1. Review of Biology unit 2
2. Three past papers and looked at all the weaknesses :smile:
3. Physics paper marked and Biology unit 3 overview
4. Writing down all my weaknesses for Biology Unit 2 - so then i would know where to concentrate more.

Because it's April :s-smilie: I feel like it would be best if i started to do more past papers and looked at my weakness rather than writing notes all the time as it's time-consuming but I've made notes for all the subjects except from Psychology. then i would have more time to do past papers because they are so crucial :smile: Apparently, examiners recycle questions but in a different form ... :biggrin:I was just wondering but are any of you guys stressing and panicking because i don't seem to.... ?? :smile::h:

4. Writing down all my weaknesses for Biology Unit 2 - so then i would know where to concentrate more.

Because it's April :s-smilie: I feel like it would be best if i started to do more past papers and looked at my weakness rather than writing notes all the time as it's time-consuming but I've made notes for all the subjects except from Psychology. then i would have more time to do past papers because they are so crucial :smile: Apparently, examiners recycle questions but in a different form ... :biggrin:I was just wondering but are any of you guys stressing and panicking because i don't seem to.... ?? :smile::h:

Well done!! U have done lots and I agree im sticking to past papers this month. Its the key to success cause we need to master exam techniques also im gonna read more examiner reports. Just gonna finish my notes this holoday the mocks really helped me so I have less pressure. Also just gonna listen more in class.
please follow me back im new to this tread im goingt to tell you guys all abt my road to gcse

lol your trying to joke about me I think abt the examiners recycle questions. I quess so and WOW lots of revision :smile:
im new please tell me what this forum Is ablout and follow me and ill follow you back promisexx:smile:
Good luck everyone!! I'm proud of everyone only a month left
quick question - how do you guys become motivated to do work when you really don't feel like it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
quick question - how do you guys become motivated to do work when you really don't feel like it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You've just got to to do it. You just need to have in your mind a set goal. You've got to have the eye of the tiger.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

But seriously. Getting top notch grades is enough motivation for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
But seriously. Getting top notch grades is enough motivation for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For some reason im slowly losing motivation...

after doing some past papers, when I realised how many weaknesses I have i just feel like sh*t and that I won't be able to cover all my weaknesses

but my main problem is history-i looked at mark schemes and my teacher hasnt even taught us about some of the stuff. I looked through my class notes, revision guide she gave us and stuff is missed out. The fact that stuff is missed out even though there are piles and piles of content just pisses me off.

Idk what to do any more...I was so in hope of A* grades now it feels impossible. Idk why im telling this but how do you actually stay motivated and relaxed enough to cover everything?
[QUOTE="ellamoon_22;63828873"]

Well I have a goal which is to get all A*s also I really wanna get a new phone and a piercing so my mum sed I can if I get 6A*s and above so basically yh thts my motivation. ALSO just think about it u dont want one bad grade spoiling your results letter so I jist think of tht when Im doing physics which I hate but I dont want spme :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: grade with all other good grades
Posted from TSR Mobile

True. My father said that I can buy a Mustang Foxbody GT convertible if I get at least 6 A stars. Way more motivation than needed. Lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Username3097486
For some reason im slowly losing motivation...

after doing some past papers, when I realised how many weaknesses I have i just feel like sh*t and that I won't be able to cover all my weaknesses

but my main problem is history-i looked at mark schemes and my teacher hasnt even taught us about some of the stuff. I looked through my class notes, revision guide she gave us and stuff is missed out. The fact that stuff is missed out even though there are piles and piles of content just pisses me off.

Idk what to do any more...I was so in hope of A* grades now it feels impossible. Idk why im telling this but how do you actually stay motivated and relaxed enough to cover everything?

I know what you mean man. Just hold on and keep on working. You'll pull through. Did you not revise at all before last week ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know what you mean man. Just hold on and keep on working. You'll pull through. Did you not revise at all before last week ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends what you mean. I've done a bit here and there but not like completely consistent (e.g 2/3 hours a day) only like a bit and i do most if not all homework. its not that i find anything difficult,its that its hard to priotise subjects especially when theres so much content
Original post by Username3097486
Depends what you mean. I've done a bit here and there but not like completely consistent (e.g 2/3 hours a day) only like a bit and i do most if not all homework. its not that i find anything difficult,its that its hard to priotise subjects especially when theres so much content

Yeah. I know what you mean. What are you struggling with ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah. I know what you mean. What are you struggling with ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I felt the same a few month ago. It's really not that hard. It also depends on the subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply