The Student Room Group

advice

I'm self teaching C3 and soon will move on to C4

I wanted to know would it be better to finish C4 and then move on to M1 and M2 or continue from C4 to FP1 and complete FP2 and FP3 before studying mechanics.
I try to search math forum for a dependency chart for the A level Maths modules but i I cannot find any. I wanted to use it to make a informed decision.

Any advice is appreciated

Thank you
Original post by bigmansouf
I'm self teaching C3 and soon will move on to C4

I wanted to know would it be better to finish C4 and then move on to M1 and M2 or continue from C4 to FP1 and complete FP2 and FP3 before studying mechanics.
I try to search math forum for a dependency chart for the A level Maths modules but i I cannot find any. I wanted to use it to make a informed decision.

Any advice is appreciated

Thank you

M1 and M2 do not depend on anything from the FP modules, but you may need C4. Personally I would claim that M1 and M2 are easier than FP2 and FP3, but then I like Mechanics. FP1 is easier than FP2 or 3 as it is an AS module and does not require knowledge from C3 or C4 (this is based on my knowledge of Edexcel, but I believe that all that I've said is true for the other boards).
Reply 2
Original post by tiny hobbit
M1 and M2 do not depend on anything from the FP modules, but you may need C4. Personally I would claim that M1 and M2 are easier than FP2 and FP3, but then I like Mechanics. FP1 is easier than FP2 or 3 as it is an AS module and does not require knowledge from C3 or C4 (this is based on my knowledge of Edexcel, but I believe that all that I've said is true for the other boards).

thank you
Reply 3
thank you

Reply 4
Original post by Zacken

thanks

i rated you
Reply 5
thanks

i rated you

I'd personally do C4 vectors before doing M2. It isn't required, but it helps in places.
Reply 6
thanks

You're welcome.
Reply 7
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
I'd personally do C4 vectors before doing M2. It isn't required, but it helps in places.

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest