The Student Room Group

AS grades

Hi, guys i am thinking of applying to Oxford yet i need to know how important are your AS grades in the whole application process as i am predicted 2As and 2Bs for my AS grades. However, the subjects i get 2As in, for A2 i will be predicted A*
I was in the same sort of situation - AABB at AS and now predicted A*A*AA - and I got an offer. I know other people got offers with lower AS grades as well - they are just one part of lots of different bits of the application, so don't let predicted AS grades stop you applying if you want to!
Reply 2
what subject did you apply for?
I applied for Experimental Psychology
Reply 4
Oh i am applying for law, so I'm not sure if my grades would be enough
A good LNAT performance will show that you are more reasonably expected to meet the grade requirements at A2, but as mentioned above try not to overthink predicted grades.
Reply 6
Ok thanks :smile:
Original post by davinaxo
Hi, guys i am thinking of applying to Oxford yet i need to know how important are your AS grades in the whole application process as i am predicted 2As and 2Bs for my AS grades. However, the subjects i get 2As in, for A2 i will be predicted A*

I got AABC at AS and was predicted A*AA at A2. I received an offer of AAA and finished my A2 year with A*A*A.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by colourtheory
I got AABC at AS and was predicted A*AA at A2. I received an offer of AAA and finished my A2 year with A*A*A.

What degree are you studying and what college :smile:
What degree are you studying and what college :smile:

(Modern) History, Worcester College (the most oversubscribed in the year I applied)
Reply 10
(Modern) History, Worcester College (the most oversubscribed in the year I applied)

I was thinking Wadham college and is there usually a lot of applicants for modern history :smile:
I was thinking Wadham college and is there usually a lot of applicants for modern history :smile:

A thousand-ish applications for 200 spaces.
Reply 12
A thousand-ish applications for 200 spaces.

Oh wow so it is competitive same as law
I got AABB and got an interview . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I was worried about this last year, so at the open day I basically asked every single tutor I came across just how important AS grades were. They are not factored into any 'calculations' they make, in the way that interviews or GCSEs etc are. All you need is to have the requisite predicted grades and you're all good. Obviously your predicted grades will depend on getting decent AS results though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending