The Student Room Group

Very confused about a guy???? Help :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lord Kitchener
Honestly just bring it up in conversation when you feel extra confident or he looks extra confident and i'm sure you'll get the response you're looking for.

Okay thanks! Hope you're right :smile:
So what's everyone's final advice? Who's very sure he likes me and who thinks he might not?
Reply 42
Original post by Anonymous
There's this guy who has shown me strange signs for almost a year now. In September he kept sitting with me (just me and him) in all my free periods, but at first not talking ( shy perhaps..) but then he started getting chattier with me. We then added each other on social networks, but it was always me who would like posts, and we never really spoke online. But he kept staring at me in class, gave me several car lifts, he tried to sit next to me whenever possible, staring at me during every class, and lingering around in the room to walk out with just me down the corridor. And then one day I thought he had doodled his name on my folder but I'm still unsure about that. He would compliment me too in front of everyone and say to the teacher that I'm really clever, or a really nice person. One day he wanted to share a book with me, rather than just use his own. And every lunchtime he all of a sudden seemed to be wherever I was, and started listening to the same music as me, possibly on purpose. (also he's probe a shy boy that does acc like u and doesn't know how to express it)

Then we had a strange time in January where we kinda stopped talking, we stopped sitting together, and everything sorta faded out, for no valid reason. He then wrote on some paper one day "what's going on??" ( not to me personally he just wrote it)

But recently he's starting talking to me again, and keeps looking at me. He's been asking me strange questions like homework questions/ answers that he had in front of him but "just wanted to double check with me.." He also asked me which building we were in for next period, when he had already put his bag in there, so he already knew the answer to the question. I really don't know what to do anymore or what to think? I thought we had something and then I gave up, but now I'm beginning to wonder if he still likes me..Anyone suggest anything??

i've recently found myself in a similar mixed message situation with one of my boy-friends. I get how its awkward because its really not clear how they feel and you don't want to embarrass urself!! I think if you have feelings for him then maybe leave it a bit longer, give a few more blatant signals back and if it develops into something more then go for it!! just make sure it doesn't distract you from your work!
Original post by hsm998
i've recently found myself in a similar mixed message situation with one of my boy-friends. I get how its awkward because its really not clear how they feel and you don't want to embarrass urself!! I think if you have feelings for him then maybe leave it a bit longer, give a few more blatant signals back and if it develops into something more then go for it!! just make sure it doesn't distract you from your work!

Yeah exactly b cause it's like he hasn't made it really obvious ( well at least I don't think it's really obvious or maybe that's just cause it's happening to me? ) anyone think it's very obvious that he likes me? The only problem is we leave school in 7 weeks so we're both gonna have to hurry
But I keep telling myself, if he liked me that much he would send me a message, or like my posts or pictures, as guys that have liked me in the past have done that.. But maybe he's shy and he Is the outdoorsy type rather than check his phone lots..
Reply 45
Yeah exactly b cause it's like he hasn't made it really obvious ( well at least I don't think it's really obvious or maybe that's just cause it's happening to me? ) anyone think it's very obvious that he likes me? The only problem is we leave school in 7 weeks so we're both gonna have to hurry

omg I'm literally in the same position as u!! Personally I just feel like at this point in the year I need to focus on my studies, but then he is gonna be on the same group holiday as me in the summer-so i feel like if its gonna happen, its gonna happen then?? idk-do you like him??
So confused guys :frown: what do you think??
Original post by hsm998
omg I'm literally in the same position as u!! Personally I just feel like at this point in the year I need to focus on my studies, but then he is gonna be on the same group holiday as me in the summer-so i feel like if its gonna happen, its gonna happen then?? idk-do you like him??

Ah yeah!! That's a great way to make it happen as you wil closer :smile: yeah! So so much :frown: but he's like so popular and I'm not so just worried incase him or his friends see me as "uncool"
Reply 48
Ah yeah!! That's a great way to make it happen as you wil closer :smile: yeah! So so much :frown: but he's like so popular and I'm not so just worried incase him or his friends see me as "uncool"

omg no word of lie I'm literally a doppleganger of u right now lmao- I think u should go for it tbh!! what do u have to lose!! You're only in school for 7 more weeks and then thats that! if it works then it will be 7 weeks of happiness, if not then, you can focus on your exams
Original post by hsm998
omg no word of lie I'm literally a doppleganger of u right now lmao- I think u should go for it tbh!! what do u have to lose!! You're only in school for 7 more weeks and then thats that! if it works then it will be 7 weeks of happiness, if not then, you can focus on your exams

literally omg haha!! thats true but ill be so embarrased since i see him everyday, dont want rejection haha :smile: good advice!
Anyone else any advice? do you guys think he thinks me or am i overthinking?
There's this guy who has shown me strange signs for almost a year now. In September he kept sitting with me (just me and him) in all my free periods, but at first not talking ( shy perhaps..) but then he started getting chattier with me. We then added each other on social networks, but it was always me who would like posts, and we never really spoke online. But he kept staring at me in class, gave me several car lifts, he tried to sit next to me whenever possible, staring at me during every class, and lingering around in the room to walk out with just me down the corridor. And then one day I thought he had doodled his name on my folder but I'm still unsure about that. He would compliment me too in front of everyone and say to the teacher that I'm really clever, or a really nice person. One day he wanted to share a book with me, rather than just use his own. And every lunchtime he all of a sudden seemed to be wherever I was, and started listening to the same music as me, possibly on purpose.

What kind of music?

Then we had a strange time in January where we kinda stopped talking, we stopped sitting together, and everything sorta faded out, for no valid reason. He then wrote on some paper one day "what's going on??" ( not to me personally he just wrote it)

But recently he's starting talking to me again, and keeps looking at me. He's been asking me strange questions like homework questions/ answers that he had in front of him but "just wanted to double check with me.." He also asked me which building we were in for next period, when he had already put his bag in there, so he already knew the answer to the question. I really don't know what to do anymore or what to think? I thought we had something and then I gave up, but now I'm beginning to wonder if he still likes me..Anyone suggest anything??

What about music?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Impressive
What kind of music?

What about music?

Posted from TSR Mobile

idk just like pop indie rock loads of different stuff but the same artists as me..
Hes also started liking loads of girls pictures but never likes mine? what is that about??
idk just like pop indie rock loads of different stuff but the same artists as me..

I was trying to get some artist names out of you, but okay.

Hes also started liking loads of girls pictures but never likes mine? what is that about??

I think he feels insecure around you, which means he is afraid of your response - which means: he cares. Second thing: he wants to forget about you. (that's unlikely since you've said he initiates meaningless conversation)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Impressive
I was trying to get some artist names out of you, but okay.

I think he feels insecure around you, which means he is afraid of your response - which means: he cares. Second thing: he wants to forget about you. (that's unlikely since you've said he initiates meaningless conversation)

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh okay, artists like ed sheeran, sia, killers, florence and machine, etc

Yeah exactly, hes so confusing :/ and then one day he put his workbook over his crotch area instead of on the table? :/
what do you all think?^^ about it all? still so confused and dont know what to do, like i dont know if im oveerthinking it all and stuff, but on the other hand maybe he does like me? Someone help please :frown: x
what do you all think?^^ about it all? still so confused and dont know what to do, like i dont know if im oveerthinking it all and stuff, but on the other hand maybe he does like me? Someone help please :frown: x

You need to do something about it. Remind us how often you see him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qwerty_mad
You need to do something about it. Remind us how often you see him

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see him most days at sixth form, we have a few classes together. Even when we haven't had a class on that day we usually still see each other. Just wish I knew If he liked me.. Do you think I'm overthinking or do you think it sounds like he does like me?

Hi Anonymous, this is really confusing. LOL however, don't assume on things unless stated (I didn't mean you're up to something). Guys' minds are really broad. They think beyond our imagination. In your situation, perhaps, he might like you. But the next big question is "as what"? or "what's your role in his life"? He might want you to be his friend, or he sees someone in your persona, etc. So, there are lots of possibilities.

You'll get hurt if you assume and won't happen as expected.

Hope this helps! :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending