The Student Room Group

Would you leave a woman if she didnt want to be pregnant?

Say you were in a relationship with a woman who, like you, wanted kids. However she really didnt want to go through 9 months of pregnancy of a baby growing inside her and she would rather adopt. Would you stay with her and be happy with adopted kids or would you leave?

Scroll to see replies

Leave
Not if I loved her. people change their minds, you could use a surrogate etc.If you love someone then you can adjust.
I don't want kids but if I did end up wanting them I'd adopt anyway so wouldn't bother me
that OP is literally ME :yep:
i would love to hear harsh and pure comments :u:
In this hypothetical situation do I want adopted kids? Do I love her?

I'd have to be a completely different person so I've got no idea what I'd do.
Reply 6
I would stay with her till I found someone else.
Original post by Anonymous
Say you were in a relationship with a woman who, like you, wanted kids. However she really didnt want to go through 9 months of pregnancy of a baby growing inside her and she would rather adopt. Would you stay with her and be happy with adopted kids or would you leave?

why not?
unless you're not prepared to make sacrifices for the one you "supposedly" love
Reply 8
Leave I guess. :wink:
Reply 9
If I really love the girl I'd probably stay with her.
Reply 10

I know it's a it harsh but I would leave. You can compromise on a lot of stuff but not kids. At the end of the day they are going to be with you for life and if you really want to have kids that are genetically similar to you then don't change that for anybody. Besides surrogacy is always an option.
Reply 11
I'm just here to spread the joy and bring some dolphins to the thread, now the swear filter has been replaced with dolphins :smile:

:dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:

You're welcome.
I don't want kids so it's not a problem for me. But if I did then I would probably compromise and come to an agreement with her.
Leave.

If i'd decided that i love her and thought her worthy of being the mother to my children then i would want our children to contain our genetic material/be our genetic heirs.
Original post by FireFreezer77
I don't want kids so it's not a problem for me. But if I did then I would probably compromise and come to an agreement with her.

How could you do that
Original post by Rakas21
Leave.

If i'd decided that i love her and thought her worthy of being the mother to my children then i would want our children to contain our genetic material/be our genetic heirs.

Wouldn't you consider surrogacy so that at least the child would have your genes if it's that that bothers you.
Wouldn't you consider surrogacy so that at least the child would have your genes if it's that that bothers you.

No.

I think adoption is a great thing from a moral standpoint and i'd go so far as to encourage it since i believe just about everybody should try raise a child but for me however i view the biological point of existence as being to both propagate the species with the genome of myself and a worthy partner but also to pass on my values, my mindset, my brilliance.

To be honest i guess in life i'm looking for a front seat passenger rather than a partner so i guess that when i meet the woman i deem worthy, it probably won't be an issue since she'll be willing to put my wishes first.
I would stay with her, but childless, and wouldn't adopt.

I do think it's rather odd when people leave their partners because they can't/won't have kids. To me, that says that having a partner was only a means to an end, the end being children.

If someone could leave their partner because they won't have children, then I don't think they could have truly been in love with them. What, do they love the idea of having children even more? Even if it's not with that partner?
Original post by Rakas21
No.

I think adoption is a great thing from a moral standpoint and i'd go so far as to encourage it since i believe just about everybody should try raise a child but for me however i view the biological point of existence as being to both propagate the species with the genome of myself and a worthy partner but also to pass on my values, my mindset, my brilliance.

To be honest i guess in life i'm looking for a front seat passenger rather than a partner so i guess that when i meet the woman i deem worthy, it probably won't be an issue since she'll be willing to put my wishes first.

I'm interested.

What about you is so brilliant that women should have to prove their worth to you, and make their wishes subordinate to yours?
Reply 19
I think I would stay with her but, as with all of these kinds of hypotheticals, it would very much depend on how I felt - and that is something I cannot reasonably predict at present. I do care somewhat about having a biological child, but I'm a huge supporter of adoption and hope to adopt in the future anyway so I dare say that could be a deciding factor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending