The Student Room Group

Erasmus doubt: Exeter or Warwick

I am Italian and I got accepted for the Erasmus project for next year in both places I requested for: Warwick and Exeter. There were a lot of people applying for the project, so I didn't think I would be accepted even in one of them! Now I am confused and I really don't know what to choose, as other students from my universities went there and are really happy about both of them. I study English, Chinese and Japanese, so maybe those languages are better taught in one more than the other. Please, help me with some information! Thank you in advance!
I think Exeter has a better reputation for foreign languages, but I'm sure Warwick is good too. Do you want to live in a city or a rural, rather cut-off campus? Warwick is very self-contained, whereas you have more travel opportunities at Exeter.
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
I think Exeter has a better reputation for foreign languages, but I'm sure Warwick is good too. Do you want to live in a city or a rural, rather cut-off campus? Warwick is very self-contained, whereas you have more travel opportunities at Exeter.

Thank you! :smile: About the campus for me is the same, but I would like to travel during my stay, so if Exeter has more travel opportunities maybe it would be the best choice!
Original post by giu.mont
Thank you! :smile: About the campus for me is the same, but I would like to travel during my stay, so if Exeter has more travel opportunities maybe it would be the best choice!

I can certainly say if you have the money and want to travel, plenty of students at Warwick, especially those who are internationals enjoy travelling over the weekend. Whether that's around the UK or Europe. We still have trains :wink: And it's arguably more convenient since Birmingham International Airport is 2 stops away.

Also over a third of students are internationals so you might feel a little more comfortable. Although I don't know the ratios of Exeter. I'm not qualified to comment on the course since I do science and have no idea unfortunately. :p:

However by faculty Warwick is ranked 33rd in the world for Arts and Humanities by QS. So that's so objective data in favour at least. Good luck with your decision!
Reply 4
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
I can certainly say if you have the money and want to travel, plenty of students at Warwick, especially those who are internationals enjoy travelling over the weekend. Whether that's around the UK or Europe. We still have trains :wink: And it's arguably more convenient since Birmingham International Airport is 2 stops away.

Also over a third of students are internationals so you might feel a little more comfortable. Although I don't know the ratios of Exeter. I'm not qualified to comment on the course since I do science and have no idea unfortunately. :p:

However by faculty Warwick is ranked 33rd in the world for Arts and Humanities by QS. So that's so objective data in favour at least. Good luck with your decision!

I don't have much money, having to change euros into pounds. I have never been in both parts of England, so I have no idea if they are well linked or not, it is for that reason that I asked :smile: The fact that it is 33rd was what made me choose for Warwick as my second choice after having chosen Exeter (some friends had gone and had told me it was a great campus for languages). I am not so sure about Warwick mainly because Chinese there is third languages, while in mine as in Exeter it is a second language, so I am not sure about the level reached there. For the rest, I would love to visit both places, so I still don't know. Hope I'll do the best choice, in the end.
Reply 5
Exeter is in a nicer part of the country. Warwick is not and the campus is ugly. I would choose Exeter as an Erasmus student.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending