The Student Room Group

The evil conspiracy against Muslims by the media

As we all know all western media has hatched an evil conspiracy against Islam and Muslims. I just want to find out what is the purpose of this conspiracy and why Islam was chosen seemingly at random and why there is no conspiracy against Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism, Taoism etc.
The atrocities committed by Muslims make them easily taken advantage of.
1. The media isn't a single entity. It consists of many entities with opposing views.

2. Give me one example that shows that Western media is working together to conspire against Muslims

3. It's not the media's fault that many atrocities are committed in the name of Islam

4. Keep in mind that the media only reports a small minority of the atrocities committed by Islamists.
The bad stuff within the Quran made it possible for Islam to get taken advantage of by the West.

And why wasn't another religion chosen. The biggest clue - Israel/Palestine war. I shan't say anymore.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by G8D
Does the media focus on what's bad in the quran or the bad things done by muslims in the name of their religion?

The media focuses on the acts committed by Muslims, but how did it get started in the first place? How did these terrorist groups get formed?
Because events like 9/11 and more recent events have caused more people to take notice of Muslims over other religions, which has lead them to be an easy target for the media to earn money through the exploitation of the various controversies surrounding them and the middle east
Original post by G8D
I can't tell which side you're arguing for here...

You appear to acknowledge that the Quran is bad and influences terrorism while also suggesting that the 'Jewish media' unfairly focuses on Islam because of Israel...

Yes exactly, I'm not on any side. I just stated both things
Reply 7
Lol "THIS IS A CONSPIRACY"
*posts on Student Forum*
"WHO'S BEHIND THIS YOU PLEBS"
Original post by G8D
But how can you acknowledge the faults within Islam and still consider criticism of it unfair? Should we ignore the issues within Islam and the atrocities they cause to preserve the feelings of fragile Muslims offended by the truth?

I never said criticism of it is unfair. Like all ideologies it can be freely criticised.
We shouldn't ignore the atrocities committed by Muslim extremists either, but who made them? It wasn't made for no reason.

I am an Atheist and I do not agree with the majority of what's written in the Quran, there are faults and extremism can come out of it.
I'm just saying that because the faults were present in the Quran did the people who made the terrorist groups use it to their advantage.
Original post by EccentricDiamond
As we all know all western media has hatched an evil conspiracy against Islam and Muslims. I just want to find out what is the purpose of this conspiracy and why Islam was chosen seemingly at random and why there is no conspiracy against Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism, Taoism etc.

What bad things have Buddhists, Hindus, Sikhs, Taoists etc. And then, what bad things have muslims done?
I am not Muslim, I hate all religion including Islam. All religion is evil and wicked
Original post by KingBradly
1. The media isn't a single entity. It consists of many entities with opposing views.

2. Give me one example that shows that Western media is working together to conspire against Muslims

3. It's not the media's fault that many atrocities are committed in the name of Islam

4. Keep in mind that the media only reports a small minority of the atrocities committed by Islamists.

Fox News seem to be obsessed with Islam and ethnic minorities.
Original post by queen-bee
Fox News seem to be obsessed with Islam and ethnic minorities.

An why are they not obssessed with buddhists, sikhs or Hindus etc?
Original post by EccentricDiamond
An why are they not obssessed with buddhists, sikhs or Hindus etc?

:dontknow:
They also like targeting ethnic minorities.
Original post by G8D
Islam is incompatible with the West.

It also shouldn't be immune from criticism.

This being said I actually see the opposite. Plenty of the media are relentlessly supportive of islam/muslims in the face of contrary evidence. I suspect you simply have a victim complex and would rather no-one said anything about islam.

wrong, Islam has adapted to the west for many decades
Original post by Frank Underwood
wrong, Islam has adapted to the west for many decades

Only a muslim would say that
The media doesn't actually create a bad image of Islam, it just makes people think that Muslims are bad just because the atrocities it reports (and it does only do a small minority of them) just so happen to be done by Muslims (or people with Muslim-sounding names).

Honestly, I think it's more to do with public opinion and how the media shapes it, but the media cold very well try to promote, say, religious harmony and people would try to be harmonious.

It's a shame that they left that a bit too late.
Personally I think almost all media outlets are tripping over themselves in defence of Islam, either hiding the religion/ethnicity of perpetrators or attempting to justify evil deeds on their behalf.

I don't see why anyone would think the media targets Islam, quite the opposite really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending