The Student Room Group

Important parts of history answers other than Information and analysis?

So I'm writing my Cambridge A levels in the upcoming May/june series. All my information is in place, as is my ability to analyse. Is there anything else that must be included in the answer for it to be brilliant?
Also, my teacher told me that I am missing some general key terms in my answer, but didn't tell me what they were. By general, I mean words that are not specific to any specific topic but enhance the answer, both source-type and essay-type. Any suggestion??
Original post by engtory
So I'm writing my Cambridge A levels in the upcoming May/june series. All my information is in place, as is my ability to analyse. Is there anything else that must be included in the answer for it to be brilliant?
Also, my teacher told me that I am missing some general key terms in my answer, but didn't tell me what they were. By general, I mean words that are not specific to any specific topic but enhance the answer, both source-type and essay-type. Any suggestion??

More than anything, historiography and awareness of debate is the most important thing in a good essay.
Reply 2
I know that. Such things are already incorporated in my answers. What I meant was are there words, take for example the word intentionalist, which is reasonably common across many topics in history, which makes essay sound polished and more professional.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending