The Student Room Group

Conditional to unconditional-but i haven't met the requirements?

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by ikyhussainxx
Hi, I applied at a Leeds Trinity Uni and they gave me conditional offer for Education Studies. However, yesterday i got a letter through the post saying that they are giving me an unconditional offer if i put it as my firm as they will know that i am committed. I was really excited about this, but then wondering that i didn't meet the requirements so how can this happen?

So i told my friends, some were positive and some were negative. One of my friends told me that they did give me an unconditional offer but if i don't meet the requirements on the day they can refuse me? Can that actually happen. She is currently a student at uni so I'm assuming that she is telling the truth. Please help!

Hey there, firstly I'd like to congratulate you on getting a place at uni! Well done ☺️ That has happened before to someone I know, it may be because they've changed their mind as you're a strong candidate and simply want you on the course. however, best advice I'd offer to you is to give them a call and enquire further regarding it. Good luck
Hi, I applied at a Leeds Trinity Uni and they gave me conditional offer for Education Studies. However, yesterday i got a letter through the post saying that they are giving me an unconditional offer if i put it as my firm as they will know that i am committed. I was really excited about this, but then wondering that i didn't meet the requirements so how can this happen?

So i told my friends, some were positive and some were negative. One of my friends told me that they did give me an unconditional offer but if i don't meet the requirements on the day they can refuse me? Can that actually happen. She is currently a student at uni so I'm assuming that she is telling the truth. Please help!

No, if they have made it unconditional now, you are in. That is what unconditional means. (Being a student at a university does not mean you understand everything they do, by the way.) They have decided they want to secure as many students as they can in advance of results day as it helps with their planning. Be aware that it is a marketing ploy also. If you are now unconditional firm, you are not eligible for Adjustment and so they have bound you to going there even if you exceed their offer requirements. Flattering as these changes seem, they are not actually being done for your benefit.
Reply 3
Original post by Umi91
Hey there, firstly I'd like to congratulate you on getting a place at uni! Well done ☺️ That has happened before to someone I know, it may be because they've changed their mind as you're a strong candidate and simply want you on the course. however, best advice I'd offer to you is to give them a call and enquire further regarding it. Good luck

Thank you so much for replying! I've been thinking about this since yesterday! I've got an applicant day on the 9th so i will definately ask them.
Reply 4
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
No, if they have made it unconditional now, you are in. That is what unconditional means. (Being a student at a university does not mean you understand everything they do, by the way.) They have decided they want to secure as many students as they can in advance of results day as it helps with their planning. Be aware that it is a marketing ploy also. If you are now unconditional firm, you are not eligible for Adjustment and so they have bound you to going there even if you exceed their offer requirements. Flattering as these changes seem, they are not actually being done for your benefit.

Oh right i understand, thank you though! I was considering this Uni before i even got the unconditional offer..and I'm going to an applicant day on the 9th so I will see if the course and the uni is right for me and then base my judgement upon that.
Oh right i understand, thank you though! I was considering this Uni before i even got the unconditional offer..and I'm going to an applicant day on the 9th so I will see if the course and the uni is right for me and then base my judgement upon that.

I hope it all goes well for you.
Reply 6
Thank you so much for replying! I've been thinking about this since yesterday! I've got an applicant day on the 9th so i will definately ask them.

Good luck with everything and I hope you achieve all that you desire for!!
Bizarre im absolutely sure I answered this problem days ago?. Its only unconditional if you firm it, then it means what it says.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending