The Student Room Group

Which diet would cause least harm to the world?

Meat eating, vegetarian, vegan, fruitarian or maybe something else?. This just interests me. Obviously the death of living beings & pollution will happen as a result of the production of food for all these diets, so therefore ethically you should be trying your best to maintain the diet that causes the least harm. Opinions???

Scroll to see replies

Cannibalism
Humble pie :yep:
The no food and no water diet. If we all stop eating and die then there will be no more humans to destroy the earth. No genetically modified or specially bred food is needed. No more pollution, no more wars, no more bombings, sounds like the world would be a better place.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Multitalented me
Meat eating, vegetarian, vegan, fruitarian or maybe something else?. This just interests me. Obviously the death of living beings & pollution will happen as a result of the production of food for all these diets, so therefore ethically you should be trying your best to maintain the diet that causes the least harm. Opinions???

Well, according to Channel 4’s documentary The World’s Best Diet, you should be heading to Iceland, or at least adapting to their diet.

(not this one)

this one

The new show, on tonight at 9pm, reveals that the Icelandic combination of fresh fish, high quality meat and dairy products has ensured the secluded country has landed the top spot when it comes to the healthiest diet in the world closely followed by Italy and Greece

Rankings:

Source: http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/30/iceland-has-the-worlds-best-diet-but-its-bad-news-for-the-uk-4781913/
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ForestShadow
Well, according to Channel 4’s documentary The World’s Best Diet, you should be heading to Iceland, or at least adapting to their diet.

(not this one)

this one

The new show, on tonight at 9pm, reveals that the Icelandic combination of fresh fish, high quality meat and dairy products has ensured the secluded country has landed the top spot when it comes to the healthiest diet in the world closely followed by Italy and Greece

Rankings:

Source: http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/30/iceland-has-the-worlds-best-diet-but-its-bad-news-for-the-uk-4781913/

That list is pathetic lol.
Veganism is obviously the most sustainable and healthy diet.
Don't eat bruh! Be a spongebob.... You Ain't ever got to eat (BTW Spongebob doesn't eat krabby patties... he makes 'em)
Original post by RomanKing

It's not the most healthy diet.
Veganism I suppose. I recommend watching cowspiricy on Netflix :smile:
Original post by hezzlington

Give me a break...

Do you know anything?
Original post by hezzlington

I think it depends what you eat but I mean if you take even something like dairy, over half of the population is actually lactose intolerant and personally, since going vegan, I've felt healthier than I have in a long time. There are definitely pros and cons with every diet and it's difficult to get protein sometimes but it's still something to consider anyway :smile:
Give me a break...

Do you know anything?

Why is it the most healthy diet.
Original post by Blondie987
I think it depends what you eat but I mean if you take even something like dairy, over half of the population is actually lactose intolerant and personally, since going vegan, I've felt healthier than I have in a long time. There are definitely pros and cons with every diet and it's difficult to get protein sometimes but it's still something to consider anyway :smile:

what was your diet like before going vegan?
Veganism. Best thing ever.
If only we could eat raw CO2. Then we would have a relatively abundant food source and be able to solve global warming.

Although, I would be concerned about what the body would do to the CO2 when 'digesting' it.
Original post by preetg97
Veganism I suppose. I recommend watching cowspiricy on Netflix :smile:

I recommend not watching it since it is utterly boring.
The air diet.

Might be good for lowering things like blood glucose and cholesterol, but most vegans are iron deficient/anaemic and have the worst problems with digestion. Foods like lentils, beans, greens and fruits means increased fibre and protein. This is why most vegans have cramping and sharp stomach pains when they switch and some of them never adjust to it. Cutting out all dairy is awful for your digestive system and usually means more cramping unless you're taking probiotic supplements from elsewhere.

Vegans never seem to want to talk about the gas, bloating, cramps and diarrhea that are a result of their diets. Not very healthy to put your body through this in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest