The Student Room Group

University of Liverpool Dentistry Applicants 2016

Haven't seen a thread yet so thought I'd make one 👍🏻
Reply 1
Original post by mo_orey98
Just applied for accommodation today, i picked greenbank and then two Carnatic halls for my options. The rooms are a lot nicer at crown place, but personally I'd prefer to kinda 'slum it' for a year and have fun off-campus. Does mean that you have to get a bus everyday, still probably cheaper overall than going self-catered on campus.

Thats fair enough, apparently carnatic and greenbank are the best social spaces and have quite a few events going on there! &Yeah I'll be budgeting for oats and pasta for the year:biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by elm4541
Thats fair enough, apparently carnatic and greenbank are the best social spaces and have quite a few events going on there! &Yeah I'll be budgeting for oats and pasta for the year:biggrin:

Crown place and Meville should still be pretty social though, i can imagine a lot of people will be applying for crown place. Oats and pasta aren't that bad either haha, might be better than what they serve at catered halls 👍🏻
Reply 3
Hey! Did youse have an MMI interview? Just finding out what to expect for next year! How was it? X
Reply 4
Original post by mo_orey98
Yeah had a mmi interview for liverpool. It was honestly no way near as bad as i thought it was going to be. A lot of the stations were just asking the general questions e.g why dentistry, why liverpool uni etc. The main advice I would give is to just worry more about getting your personality across than answering the actual questions. Don't think they expect you know some of the questions they ask 👍🏻

Okay thanks! Was there many stations? Have like ethical and manual dexterity stations? X
Reply 5
Original post by Kej04
Okay thanks! Was there many stations? Have like ethical and manual dexterity stations? X

Think there was 8 stations and two rest stations. Remember having an ethical scenario at one station but didn't have a manual dexterity station. Might be different next year though 😄
Hi everyone, have you all had your interviews yet? I'm currently a first year so have an idea of how you all feel . Any questions I'll help as much as I can .
Reply 7
Original post by Clairebear79
Hi everyone, have you all had your interviews yet? I'm currently a first year so have an idea of how you all feel . Any questions I'll help as much as I can .

I've also firmed Liverpool, I was wondering if there was any preparation we could do in summer for the beginning of the course, or anything you regretted not doing when you started?
I live at home because I'm married with a kid, most the girls are really close to the school, a couple had to change because of messy housemates so they got a studio each. One lives right by Liverpool one and I think one is in the edge. Have you been accepted? That's great!
I would definitely go over body systems, endocrine, hepatic, cardiovascular etc. The whole first semester is very intense, covers the whole body to give you the foundation of knowledge. From what's in a cell onwards. I won't lie its extremely hard work so just read over them and when you start just do your work every night don't get behind at all. It's worth it though!!! I love it so much!! We are seeing patients now, doing local anaesthetic and scaling!
I would definitely go over body systems, endocrine, hepatic, cardiovascular etc. The whole first semester is very intense, covers the whole body to give you the foundation of knowledge. From what's in a cell onwards. I won't lie its extremely hard work so just read over them and when you start just do your work every night don't get behind at all. It's worth it though!!! I love it so much!! We are seeing patients now, doing local anaesthetic and scaling!

Hi!!!
I think all offers are out and a lot of us are choosing accomodation etc.

How is the PBL? Would you say you had more time to study by yourself rather than lectures and seminars?

And when do you start doing any clinical stuff? Do you do any dissection at all?

Sorry for all the questions, kust got to make my decision so i want to know as muh as i can lol
Is it dental hygiene/therapy you are doing? We don't do dissection, not sure what pbl is, we are 4 full days and one day for self study which you will defiantly need in the first semester . You start scaling on phantom heads after about 5 weeks then fillings second semester. We have just started seeing our own patients in clinic beginning of March. You will need to study at home a lot too. It's full on but very very enjoyable.
hey why don't you all join the dentistry 2016 liverpool firmers page?
Hey! anybody starting grad dentistry at Liverpool this September? I firmed a week back and am having a nightmare finding reasonably priced studio flats. I've heard Kensington is a popular area for all the dentists... any other suggestions? :smile:
I live at home because I'm married with a kid, most the girls are really close to the school, a couple had to change because of messy housemates so they got a studio each. One lives right by Liverpool one and I think one is in the edge. Have you been accepted? That's great!

Hi!! What year GEP are you? I'm so excited but terrified of starting this September, my science knowledge is fairly strong from my first degree but the first term sounds really fast paced from what you've said. Any tips? And I'm looking to rent a studio flat as well, would you mind asking your friends about any suggestions? So far I quite like the look of Ablett House. Is it better to be closer to the uni or both the hospital and uni? How often do you visit the hospital in the first year?
Sorry for the barage of questions :P
Reply 15
Hey! Any of youse mature students? Are youse living in halls or found other accomodation? Thanks. X
Do any of you know the chances of your place being held if you don't get your grades? Is it pretty much zero?

Quick Reply

Latest