The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Summer Placement 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AboutThatLife93
Any updates?

Unfortunately I have not heard back from either Lloyds or Wells yet, a bit worrying. I would like to know asap since all my other summer plans are on hold until I know whether I have a placement yet to plan around.

Exactly the same situation here- I've applied to Lloyds but heard nothing yet
Original post by ThePhoenixLament

If any of you need a hand getting an industry summer placement let me now. I'm a 4th yr student, with a pre-reg in industry and I've had 1 industry summer placement, 3 hospital placements and worked in lloyds community for 2 years as a dispenser.

Same here!
Hospital completely ignored me,
Looks like it will be the same story with Lloyds lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by icantdothemaths
If any of you need a hand getting an industry summer placement let me now. I'm a 4th yr student, with a pre-reg in industry and I've had 1 industry summer placement, 3 hospital placements and worked in lloyds community for 2 years as a dispenser.

I would benefit from that for sure! You've had impressive work experience, how were you able to gain so many placements?

Yep that would be useful! Thankyou :biggrin:
I'll PM you.
Wow your work experience profile is very impressive#Goals. Which pharmacy school do you go to? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Any updates?

Unfortunately I have not heard back from either Lloyds or Wells yet, a bit worrying. I would like to know asap since all my other summer plans are on hold until I know whether I have a placement yet to plan around.

hey! i applied for both well and lloyds. i haven't heard from lloyds, but i emailed well pharmacy last week and they phoned me the day after and offered me a place, so i suggest emailing them enquiring about the placement. hope you are successful
Original post by inuncted5638
hey! i applied for both well and lloyds. i haven't heard from lloyds, but i emailed well pharmacy last week and they phoned me the day after and offered me a place, so i suggest emailing them enquiring about the placement. hope you are successful

Hey, thanks for your reply, can I ask which email did you send it to? Did they offer you specific dates to choose from if so what were they?
Congrats on getting your place :smile:

Hey,
that's such an impressive variety of experience :smile: , could you advise on getting hospital placements as well as industry please? How would I go about it? and with which company did you do yours with? thanks :smile:
Hey,
that's such an impressive variety of experience :smile: , could you advise on getting hospital placements as well as industry please? How would I go about it? and with which company did you do yours with? thanks :smile:

Hey, GSK is open right now I believe. The placement is 10 weeks long & it is in the Essex/Hertfordshire area. I was going to apply but it is too far :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey, thanks for your reply, can I ask which email did you send it to? Did they offer you specific dates to choose from if so what were they?
Congrats on getting your place :smile:

I sent an email to [email protected]. It just seems so unorganised, hope they get back to you soon. They just asked me what dates suit me best, it depends whether the branch you choose pharmacist is on holiday at any point in the 4 weeks you have chosen so it could vary. I'm doing mine start of June :smile: thank you, hope you hear back soon
Lloyds have started replying! I didn't get it & not too bothered by it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Didn't get my Lloyds one either which I'm a bit sad about :frown:
Didn't get Lloyds either :frown:

Has anyone actually received a positive reply from them? If so, what year are you in?
Original post by inuncted5638
I sent an email to [email protected]. It just seems so unorganised, hope they get back to you soon. They just asked me what dates suit me best, it depends whether the branch you choose pharmacist is on holiday at any point in the 4 weeks you have chosen so it could vary. I'm doing mine start of June :smile: thank you, hope you hear back soon

Thank you, just sent them an email, hopefully I will hear back soon :smile:

Where is yours placed? Hope you enjoy it! :smile:
Original post by velvetsky
Lloyds have started replying! I didn't get it & not too bothered by it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't get my Lloyds one either which I'm a bit sad about :frown:

Did they say a reason as to why? Or was it they will not be taking your application further at this time? :frown:
Did they say a reason as to why? Or was it they will not be taking your application further at this time? :frown:

Yes!
This:

Thank you for your recent application. We appreciate your interest in working for us, but unfortunately we will not be taking your application any further on this occasion.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in LloydsPharmacy and good luck with your job search.

Kind Regards

LloydsPharmacy Recruitment Team

I'm in 2nd year btw.You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got the exact same email as the person above :s-smilie:
Bit sad but I will just have to go and annoy all the local independent pharmacies about this summer
Got the exact same email as the person above :s-smilie:
Bit sad but I will just have to go and annoy all the local independent pharmacies about this summer

Yes, I highly recommend you do that. Don't be ashamed, it's not a big deal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by velvetsky
Yes, I highly recommend you do that. Don't be ashamed, it's not a big deal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did that today and was told by 2 of them that it was a shame I was at a uni so far away as they had vacancies for Saturday staff that I would have been perfect for :frown: Typical! :tongue: Hopefully something will come out of it for the summer though as that's what I asked about.
Have you managed to get any other work experience in the past? How did you get that if you did (if you don't mind me being nosy!)?
Did that today and was told by 2 of them that it was a shame I was at a uni so far away as they had vacancies for Saturday staff that I would have been perfect for :frown: Typical! :tongue: Hopefully something will come out of it for the summer though as that's what I asked about.
Have you managed to get any other work experience in the past? How did you get that if you did (if you don't mind me being nosy!)?

Yep! Fingers crossed something comes up for you!!:biggrin:
Last year I did one with well.Applied online, they got back to me in April & it was an absolute nightmare. I didn't apply for a placement with Well this time, scarred me for life!.
I also applied to boots last year but their website crashed & the online assessment wouldn't come up. I wasn't the only person who had this problem. I have applied for boots this year, whatever happens I'm not really fussed. I want to do something different this summer.What I'm hoping to do is ask a few independents if I can come in for a few weeks then do something else.Something that I want to do not something I *have* to do.Know what I mean.
Good luck! Honestly mate do not feel bad if you haven't got a placement with one of these chains, it's just the name.
Definitely ask around & organise something for yourself:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply