The Student Room Group

How to revise for AQA English Literature: Love through the ages?

Any tips/extra wider reading will be appreciated. :smile:
I'm currently using York Notes and they're amazing! :smile:
Original post by rajneetk
I'm currently using York Notes and they're amazing! :smile:

We were "banned" from using it in school! I never though of using it, actually. Thank you!
Original post by lalalightwood
We were "banned" from using it in school! I never though of using it, actually. Thank you!

Check out this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3577005It should be useful for you :smile:

No problem, which exam board are you with?
No problem, which exam board are you with?

AQA A, Unit 3, Reading for Meaning- Love through the ages.

It focuses on the comparison of unseen texts and wider reading across all genres.
Original post by Tank Girl
Check out this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3577005It should be useful for you :smile:

Thank you!

It focuses on the comparison of unseen texts and wider reading across all genres.

I'm doing the same exam board!
I definitely recommend York notes!!
I'm doing the same exam board!
I definitely recommend York notes!!

Saviour! What did you get last year?
Saviour! What did you get last year?

I'm currently doing AS :smile:
I'm currently doing AS :smile:

I think this thread is for students studying the current spec, rather than the new one.

Unit 3 Reading for Meaning is the A2 exam.
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
I think this thread is for students studying the current spec, rather than the new one.

Unit 3 Reading for Meaning is the A2 exam.

Oh ok thanks for telling me! :smile:

I remember just practising for Section A because you don't need that much WR in that one.

I would just say make sure you have at least 4 main WR you can quote on that deal with love in numerous ways.

I did this exam, like 2 years ago and we got screwed over by the exam for the B section. Rather than focusing on a specific love, they asked us how the act of proposing was used in the texts and in our wider reading... Failed that exam so hard!

So I would consider not just things as married love, familial love, illicit love, religious love. But also conceptual things such as proposing, households and marriage, arguments and disagreements. Things that are not so obvious when it comes to "love"!

Good luck - I truly hated this exam!
Reply 13
Sloppy OP!! Go to getrevising I uploaded all my wider ring reading up on there under the user name 'Tom'

There's WR for prose,poetry and drama then I've assorted the quotes by theme of love ie. Friendship

Do timed practice, this exam is a bitch in terms of time, doing section A and B timed practice was too much for me so I either did timed A section practice (annotating texts, making essay plan, writing essay) or section B practice

Odyssey made good points I'm lucky I did my exam in 2014 and the types of love we discussed were straightforward and not so conceptual

I don't come on TSR often anymore so just search for my work on getrevising

Good luck everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending