The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry

The spec says you need to know the reactions of chlorine with water and cold dilute aqueous NaOH.

It then says you need to know the reactions 'analagous to those specified' (the ones I just said)

What does this mean?
Reply 1
Original post by SGHD26716
The spec says you need to know the reactions of chlorine with water and cold dilute aqueous NaOH.

It then says you need to know the reactions 'analagous to those specified' (the ones I just said)

What does this mean?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=analogous
Reply 2

I wanted it in context
Reply 3
Original post by JimJam456
I'm not entirely sure but it could mean all the different Halogens i.e. F, I, Br etc. It'll be exactly the same type of reaction though.

That is basically what I was confused about. If it is just different halogens then that is fine, but it could be a reaction of hot NaOH instead of cold
Original post by SGHD26716

What does this mean?

For example, KOH + Br2 would be analogous and possibly other disproportionation reactions
Reply 5
Original post by TeachChemistry
For example, KOH + Br2 would be analogous and possibly other disproportionation reactions

OK, thanks
////
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Libaan
////

What happened?

Quick Reply

Latest