The Student Room Group

History essays

Hi everyone, I am going to be studying history in September and i was wondering if anyone has any A level or Undergraduate essays they could share with me. I dropped history before starting year 10 at school because I didn't like the curriculum but have found my love of history in the Medieval, Tudor and Restoration period as well as becoming very interested in museums and archives since then. However, I have no idea how I could write an essay for the subject.
I did English Literature and Geography at A level both of which had 40 mark essays but I never managed to get my head around doing the essays. In geography I never got more than 17 out of 40 but managed to pull my grade up with the rest of the paper to get a B overall. In English I struggled to get the idea of PEE paragraphs in my head throughout the whole of my time at school and never got about 20 however, the day before the A2 exam I found a thread on here where someone had given a really good structure for English essays that I followed and I managed to get 1 mark off a B and a C overall but I cannot find the structure again (which is really bugging me).

Therefore, I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to give me some examples so I can get an idea of the types of questions and an idea of how to write them.

Thank you in advance :smile:
Original post by MedievalWitch
Hi everyone, I am going to be studying history in September and i was wondering if anyone has any A level or Undergraduate essays they could share with me. I dropped history before starting year 10 at school because I didn't like the curriculum but have found my love of history in the Medieval, Tudor and Restoration period as well as becoming very interested in museums and archives since then. However, I have no idea how I could write an essay for the subject.
I did English Literature and Geography at A level both of which had 40 mark essays but I never managed to get my head around doing the essays. In geography I never got more than 17 out of 40 but managed to pull my grade up with the rest of the paper to get a B overall. In English I struggled to get the idea of PEE paragraphs in my head throughout the whole of my time at school and never got about 20 however, the day before the A2 exam I found a thread on here where someone had given a really good structure for English essays that I followed and I managed to get 1 mark off a B and a C overall but I cannot find the structure again (which is really bugging me).

Therefore, I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to give me some examples so I can get an idea of the types of questions and an idea of how to write them.

Thank you in advance :smile:

Hey there!

It's pretty much the same structure as it was for subjects like English but it has a link at the end of each paragraph, so it's PEEL.

Do you want to tell me which exam board you're looking to sit so I can give one that is most suitable for you? :h:
Original post by undercxver
Hey there!

It's pretty much the same structure as it was for subjects like English but it has a link at the end of each paragraph, so it's PEEL.

Do you want to tell me which exam board you're looking to sit so I can give one that is most suitable for you? :h:

It will be university so I'm not sure :/ however I will be taking a lot of medieval topics

Posted from TSR Mobile
It will be university so I'm not sure :/ however I will be taking a lot of medieval topics

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right, I'll PM you one of my essays that's an A Level History one, hopefully it should give some sort of idea. :h:
Oh right, I'll PM you one of my essays that's an A Level History one, hopefully it should give some sort of idea. :h:

Okay thank you so much :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any medieval essays??

Hi, I've read through the essay you sent me and it really helped me grasp an understanding of how to set out arguments thank you so much, i did try to message you back but it said you had exceed the space for inboxes or something like that so i couldn't reply on there :') but thank you again
Hi, I've read through the essay you sent me and it really helped me grasp an understanding of how to set out arguments thank you so much, i did try to message you back but it said you had exceed the space for inboxes or something like that so i couldn't reply on there :':wink: but thank you again

Whoops I didn't realise my inbox was full. :ninja2:

I'm glad to hear that! If you do need any help with structure of your essay etc, feel free to ask! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending