The Student Room Group

York College

hello I'm thinking of going to York college coming in from Canada. My education will be paid by family. So what would I do for living expenses like rent and food? I noticed Jobseekers doesn't pay full time students.

Thanks
Get a job or ask your parents to give you more money.
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
Get a job or ask your parents to give you more money.

The course is full time so can't work. parents won't lend me more.
Original post by Canadau
The course is full time so can't work. parents won't lend me more.

Well there are no other options. You aren't entitled to a student loan because you're an international student. By the way, why are you going to York College? It isn't a college in the North American sense of the world.
Reply 4
Original post by Snufkin
Well there are no other options. You aren't entitled to a student loan because you're an international student. By the way, why are you going to York College? It isn't a college in the North American sense of the world.

I'm a British citizen so I am entitled to other options. How do you mean it isn't a college like in America? They have all kinds of trade training courses and theres an old lady student in their students page.
Original post by Canadau
I'm a British citizen so I am entitled to other options. How do you mean it isn't a college like in America? They have all kinds of trade training courses and theres an old lady student in their students page.

Being a British student is irrelevant; you need to be resident in the UK for (I think) 3 consecutive years prior to your course starting to receive student loans. York College is a further education college, not a university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending