The Student Room Group

Exam retake question

Hi,

So I'm retaking 4 units at my previous college as an independent student but now I want to take another exam (SS01) but at another private exam centre. How will that affect, if any, my overall final grade when redoing the subject but different modules at different centres?
Original post by nemanuel96
Hi,

So I'm retaking 4 units at my previous college as an independent student but now I want to take another exam (SS01) but at another private exam centre. How will that affect, if any, my overall final grade when redoing the subject but different modules at different centres?

It'll screw them up completely unless both exams officers know what you are doing and use the same identification code to link them all together, so you need to explain fully to both places what you are doing. Better still, do them all at the same place.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
It'll screw them up completely unless both exams officers know what you are doing and use the same identification code to link them all together, so you need to explain fully to both places what you are doing. Better still, do them all at the same place.

Ahh, what if the deadline has already passed at one place and not the other. My previous college has said, if I'm not mistaken, that the deadline has passed. The other private exam centre's deadline hasn't passed yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh, what if the deadline has already passed at one place and not the other. My previous college has said, if I'm not mistaken, that the deadline has passed. The other private exam centre's deadline hasn't passed yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then you will have to tell both exams officers what you are doing and make sure they sort it out. It's not difficult for them to do, as long as they know they have to do it.
Reply 4

You need to ensure that all centres enter you with the same unique candidate identifier (UCI), name - including whether they use your middle name(s) or not - and unique learner number (ULN), if any. Then all the entries will be for a single identity and entering at 2 centres shouldn't be a problem.

The main entry deadline is long past but you can still enter at any centre that will accept you but you have to pay late fees (generally double) (treble fees from 22 April).
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Compost
You need to ensure that all centres enter you with the same unique candidate identifier (UCI), name - including whether they use your middle name(s) or not - and unique learner number (ULN), if any. Then all the entries will be for a single identity and entering at 2 centres shouldn't be a problem.

The main entry deadline is long past but you can still enter at any centre that will accept you but iyou have to pay late fees (generally double) (treble fees from 22 April).

Can I just go to the private exam centre and tell them that I have my own UCI number when applying for an exam without the need of contacting my previous college?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Can I just go to the private exam centre and tell them that I have my own UCI number when applying for an exam without the need of contacting my previous college?

You can, but treble check that you are supplying exactly the same details and that you don't have a clash between the exams at the 2 centres and tell the second centre you're entered elsewhere. It's amazing how often little difficulties arise when entry details at 2 centres aren't quite the same and it's so much easier to fix if you know there's another centre involved.
Reply 7
Hi guys, so I'm in the process of paying for this retake but I'm confused with the "cash-in".

If I am resitting this exam will I have to "cash-in" at the private exam centre?

Very confused. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Hi guys, so I'm in the process of paying for this retake but I'm confused with the "cash-in".

If I am resitting this exam will I have to "cash-in" at the private exam centre

You do not get an overall grade unless you cash-in the qualification, so if you are completing a qualification (or are re-completing it) then you need to do so.
Reply 9
Original post by Compost
You do not get an overall grade unless you cash-in the qualification, so if you are completing a qualification (or are re-completing it) then you need to do so.

Update: It appears my previous college cashed-in for my exam retakes and so did the private exam centre. I understand that it will be flagged and I'll most likely withdraw the cash-in from the private exam centre I've also asked my previous college to put in an AS award code (or something like that) as I'm re-redoing an AS exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest