The Student Room Group

I've lost motivation!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fashionrsrcher
This may sound like madness, but don't be so hard on yourself. If you have been consistently hitting your target, then you may have worn yourself out, if you continue to struggle I would suggest taking a full day off and doing something you really enjoy. But know yourself, if you won't be able to switch off and actually enjoy your day off, don't bother its a waste of time. If thats the case its best to just ease up but plough threw until you start getting back into. Some days are just off days!

I know the feeling... I had a whole week of getting nothing done on my dissertation. Its due in a couple of weeks!

Nah that's not crazy, I've read online that you should take a day or two to chill when you're studying a lot. I barely did any yesterday because I was ill and I hoped that would give me my energy back but I guess not! I think I will try this in the future though, it's probably better to take a day off than to have a week of less efficient studying! Thank you for the advice, it's really helpful and also reassuring that I'm not being too lazy, I've just used up my energy! :tongue:

Aw don't worry that you missed a week, like you said, sometimes we just have off days! I'm sure you'll be able to manage it in time! Good luck, I hope it turns out really well :h:
Reply 21
Original post by Christie_xx
I'm sure you can do it!! A lot of people get all their work done cramming in the last few months so there is still time for you :h: I'm sure that if you start now then you'll be able to manage your offer. Good luck, I hope you get your grades!

I have always been a crammer, but I usually enjoy my subjects, past few months have been awful, last year I had to teach one of my subjects myself. Just hope I can use my time better next week I have three days off so ill revise all day then haha. I have 7 weeks booked off work from the end of April so that should help, thank you! same to you, best of luck :smile:.
Thanks, you too.

Just be careful not to take too many days off :wink:

I just thought of a couple more things... I know it sounds obvious but also try to get out of the house (study in coffee shops, libraries etc.) and look after yourself, its amazing what staying hydrated will do!

Original post by Christie_xx
Nah that's not crazy, I've read online that you should take a day or two to chill when you're studying a lot. I barely did any yesterday because I was ill and I hoped that would give me my energy back but I guess not! I think I will try this in the future though, it's probably better to take a day off than to have a week of less efficient studying! Thank you for the advice, it's really helpful and also reassuring that I'm not being too lazy, I've just used up my energy! :tongue:

Aw don't worry that you missed a week, like you said, sometimes we just have off days! I'm sure you'll be able to manage it in time! Good luck, I hope it turns out really well :h:
Original post by Abbey15
I have always been a crammer, but I usually enjoy my subjects, past few months have been awful, last year I had to teach one of my subjects myself. Just hope I can use my time better next week I have three days off so ill revise all day then haha. I have 7 weeks booked off work from the end of April so that should help, thank you! same to you, best of luck :smile:.

Tbh most the people I know who get amazing grades are crammers too! Unfortunately I'm the type of person who has to study over a longer time :colondollar:

It's great that you have time booked off work, I'm sure that'll boost your grades significantly! Thank you!:h:
Original post by fashionrsrcher
Thanks, you too.

Just be careful not to take too many days off :wink:

I just thought of a couple more things... I know it sounds obvious but also try to get out of the house (study in coffee shops, libraries etc.) and look after yourself, its amazing what staying hydrated will do!

Hydration and positivity are always key :tongue:

That's a good idea, I love studying in libraries but I don't think there are any near my house 🤔 A coffee shop would probably work though!

Lol, hopefully I'll manage to keep the days off to a minimum :colondollar:
Thank you!
Like it or not the exams are coming and they will be say on the indicated days whether you are ready or not.

You can only do what you can do in the time available, but if you do that then its easier to leave the exams without regrets and as you work hard you will gain confidence.

If you have come to a stall.- recheck and arrange your timetable so none of your sibjects suffer unduly from the time missed.
Try and study in short segments and build up.
Get away from most distractions phone, pc, tv. i find the radio is ok.
I find I study best first thing and last thing, so pick a form of study that suits the time of day. Bu that I mean first thing i like to study bits I might find hard.
Have breakfast.
Keep variety in study methods note making- mind mapping- flash cards- question asking with friends- memory recall- essay plans- past paers timed and non timed.
Study a few different subhects a day to keep variety
Remind yourself the worst part is before the exams
Think about the future and what it would be like if you waste time and dont do work or you work hard. Which ouycome do you want?
Be sure to eat properly as well as take rests and get proper sleep.

It might seem boring, but exams are forever. You just need to do your best. Worrying gets you no marks. being sat on your backside and doing nothing gets you no marks., so whilst you are posting here saying how unmotivated you are think about the kids that are working to get better grades. You need to give yourself a pish and just be consistent in your revision. Good luck.
Original post by 999tigger
Like it or not the exams are coming and they will be say on the indicated days whether you are ready or not.

You can only do what you can do in the time available, but if you do that then its easier to leave the exams without regrets and as you work hard you will gain confidence.

If you have come to a stall.- recheck and arrange your timetable so none of your sibjects suffer unduly from the time missed.
Try and study in short segments and build up.
Get away from most distractions phone, pc, tv. i find the radio is ok.
I find I study best first thing and last thing, so pick a form of study that suits the time of day. Bu that I mean first thing i like to study bits I might find hard.
Have breakfast.
Keep variety in study methods note making- mind mapping- flash cards- question asking with friends- memory recall- essay plans- past paers timed and non timed.
Study a few different subhects a day to keep variety
Remind yourself the worst part is before the exams
Think about the future and what it would be like if you waste time and dont do work or you work hard. Which ouycome do you want?
Be sure to eat properly as well as take rests and get proper sleep.

It might seem boring, but exams are forever. You just need to do your best. Worrying gets you no marks. being sat on your backside and doing nothing gets you no marks., so whilst you are posting here saying how unmotivated you are think about the kids that are working to get better grades. You need to give yourself a pish and just be consistent in your revision. Good luck.

Thank you so much, I really needed this!! These are such helpful tips, I really appreciate it! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending