The Student Room Group

GCSE subject range

I am in Year 11, I am a EAL student. I just to UK in September 2015,I only did 9 GCSE(Math, English langue,English literature, Triple science, Chinese, statistics and RS.Is my GCSE subject rang not wise enough to apply to top university
Original post by Emma Nie
I am in Year 11, I am a EAL student. I just to UK in September 2015,I only did 9 GCSE(Math, English langue,English literature, Triple science, Chinese, statistics and RS.Is my GCSE subject rang not wise enough to apply to top university

GCSE's aren't something that is really looked upon when applying to university. The most they look ast is having 7 A* to C grade GCSE and must have a B or higher in both Mathematics and English GCSE.

You don't need to worry about what subjects you do for GCSE.

So yeah they're good GCSE's to apply to a top university, just get good grades in them! :h:
Reply 2
Original post by undercxver
GCSE's aren't something that is really looked upon when applying to university. The most they look ast is having 7 A* to C grade GCSE and must have a B or higher in both Mathematics and English GCSE.

You don't need to worry about what subjects you do for GCSE.

So yeah they're good GCSE's to apply to a top university, just get good grades in them! :h:

Thank you so much!(^ー^)ノbut if I retake my English can I still apply to good univercities?
Original post by Emma Nie
Thank you so much!(^ー^)ノbut if I retake my English can I still apply to good univercities?

Of course, just make sure you get a B or higher.

Here's a few tips: Practise your writing skills, reading also helps build your vocabulary. I found it really useful to read the newspaper daily and analysing them.

You can always use the TSR Study Resources, pretty helpful revision material on there. Also there is a very useful Study Planner on TSR which you may use, if you find that timetables are something you don't stick to then make a list of things to do per day/week and tick it off as you go along.

Hope this helps. Good luck! :h:
Reply 4
Original post by undercxver
Of course, just make sure you get a B or higher.

Here's a few tips: Practise your writing skills, reading also helps build your vocabulary. I found it really useful to read the newspaper daily and analysing them.

You can always use the TSR Study Resources, pretty helpful revision material on there. Also there is a very useful Study Planner on TSR which you may use, if you find that timetables are something you don't stick to then make a list of things to do per day/week and tick it off as you go along.

Hope this helps. Good luck! :h:

thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest