The Student Room Group

French problems.

sooooo i take french and ive got an overall A for my controlled assessment, i've only got my exams left but...i feel as if im going to fail them i always do rubbish in my mocks. anyone have any idea how i can improve?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This website is a lifesaver: http://www.memrise.com/home/
Original post by mk_cbc
sooooo i take french and ive got an overall A for my controlled assessment, i've only got my exams left but...i feel as if im going to fail them i always do rubbish in my mocks. anyone have any idea how i can improve?

@FrenchUnicorn will save you, he can do anything
Reply 3
Do pratice papers, always practice your speaking whenever you can like when walking to school and use flashcards for writing correct spellings and forms of words like etre, aller and avoir. Practice makes perfect and if you got A for controlled assessment then you're more than capable of repeating this and if not getting A*s :smile:.
Original post by mk_cbc

1. Watch 10min of the news everyday in french
2. Read a page of a french book every night before sleeping - before you go to sleep, I insist, then you'll remember a lot of things !! -
3. Since now and for ever - :biggrin: - settle all your movies/series in french WITH ENGLISH SUBTITLES and try to concentrate and relate the words you listen to those you read
4. Talk to a native : don't hesitate to contact me :h:

Original post by thefatone
@FrenchUnicorn will save you, he can do anything

She :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
2. Read a page of a french book every night before sleeping - before you go to sleep, I insist, then you'll remember a lot of things !! -
3. Since now and for ever - :biggrin: - settle all your movies/series in french WITH ENGLISH SUBTITLES and try to concentrate and relate the words you listen to those you read

thank youuuuuuu so much :smile:
:smile:

She :wink:

:0 so sorry

don't kill me pls.... :colonhash:
Original post by mk_cbc
thank youuuuuuu so much :smile:
:smile:

You're very welcome ;D
Original post by thefatone
:0 so sorry

don't kill me pls.... :colonhash:

It's okay haha you could not know :lovehug:
Reply 8
Original post by luciie
This website is a lifesaver: http://www.memrise.com/home/

Wat level shuld i start woth for gcse beginner, intermediate or advanced
Reply 9
Original post by saba_09
Wat level shuld i start woth for gcse beginner, intermediate or advanced

There are courses on there specific to each exam board. Which one are you with?
Reply 10
Aqa
Original post by luciie
Reply 11
Yh i found my exam board omds thank you soooo much idk wat i would have done if you had not mentioned this site lol i feel like saying thanks again ❤️
Original post by luciie
Reply 12
Original post by saba_09
Yh i found my exam board omds thank you soooo much idk wat i would have done if you had not mentioned this site lol i feel like saying thanks again ❤️

You're welcome! Good luck with the exams :smile:
Thanks for posting this😂 Ahhh tips tips need more tips
We need to start dedicating our lives to french. FEED IT TO OUR SOULS
Original post by tamanna___
We need to start dedicating our lives to french. FEED IT TO OUR SOULS

I agree mwahahaha :five:
I agree mwahahaha :five:

Reccomend some french series or movies please😭
Original post by tamanna___
Reccomend some french series or movies please😭

Honestly ..? Nothing ! We french are so bad at movies :innocent: OH YES ! Intouchables !! This one is great :yep: but you don't have to watch french movies ! - except Intouchables YOU HAVE TO SEE IT - you can just pick random movies you like and settle them in french with english subtitles :wink:
Honestly ..? Nothing ! We french are so bad at movies :innocent: OH YES ! Intouchables !! This one is great :yep: but you don't have to watch french movies ! - except Intouchables YOU HAVE TO SEE IT - you can just pick random movies you like and settle them in french with english subtitles :wink:

i have just watched jacquot de nantes... a wonderful film :h:

Ooo ill watch it!! And oh okay ill find a way of doing that haha thankyou

Original post by the bear
i have just watched jacquot de nantes... a wonderful film :h:

Ill watch that one too☺️ Thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest