The Student Room Group

Sister's boyfriend diminishes belief of decent men

So I'm currently lurking on TSR instead of being asleep and my room is directly above my sister and her boyfriend's room and I'm just so heartbroken for her right now :cry2::cry2:

He was showing her a picture of a bag he was gonna buy her online when an email notification pops up from a girl.
Then a few minutes later I hear her ask him about this and he's like I don't know what's wrong, it's normal. She then starts shouting at him saying it's not normal asking girls to meetup and :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:. She then started crying a screaming I can't believe you've done this to me, I let you move in with my family and you're meeting other girls while I'm at work?

It was their 3 year anniversary a week ago and was his birthday yesterday. Me and my sister don't really get along but I just feel so bad for her. She's just told him to get out and never come back now, at 3am.

But her boyfriend seemed like the nicest guy, he was so caring and tolerable or her and of the rest of my family. So it just makes me lose faith in men, in love and in happiness :cry::cry:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KaylaB
So I'm currently lurking on TSR instead of being asleep and my room is directly above my sister and her boyfriend's room and I'm just so heartbroken for her right now :cry2::cry2:

He was showing her a picture of a bag he was gonna buy her online when an email notification pops up from a girl.
Then a few minutes later I hear her ask him about this and he's like I don't know what's wrong, it's normal. She then starts shouting at him saying it's not normal asking girls to meetup and :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:. She then started crying a screaming I can't believe you've done this to me, I let you move in with my family and you're meeting other girls while I'm at work?

It was their 3 year anniversary a week ago and was his birthday yesterday. Me and my sister don't really get along but I just feel so bad for her. She's just told him to get out and never come back now, at 3am.

But her boyfriend seemed like the nicest guy, he was so caring and tolerable or her and of the rest of my family. So it just makes me lose faith in men, in love and in happiness :cry::cry:

as a girl myself, I get how a girl can feel uneasy with another girl talking to her boyfriend, especially if he seems to like her. But maybe it's a trust thing? I once read a relationship advice page and it once said if you're a girl and she tells her boyfriend to leave, even if she doesn't mean it, he'll be like "well she said that and so she doesn't need me so I guess I'll do what she says" sort of, and they will leave and not come back because you asked them to. I don't know if that is the case for all cases,I don't think it is, but yeah.

I don't have a sister.

If you read online there is advice about how to prevent relationship breakdown, and this is I think the way to understanding humans and relationships and should help you with your own sexual relations with whoever it is now or in the future. Anyone can go through it.
Well, as a guy all I can say is that sex isn't that high up on my list of pleasures and I would never risk a relationship for it.
Original post by XOR_
Well, as a guy all I can say is that sex isn't that high up on my list of pleasures and I would never risk a relationship for it.

Fair enough. was this about sex though? I think he was just talking to another girl?
Original post by Aishraat
Fair enough. was this about sex though? I think he was just talking to another girl?

I figure the dolphins censor the word :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:.
Reply 5
Original post by Aishraat

And meeting to "hook up"
Original post by KaylaB
And meeting to "hook up"

oh shite, yeah that's bad. I hope she gets over him then if she's not willing to forgive if he wants her back :smile:

but I don't think all men are bad. Some people stay married for 20 years + though sort of rare and whenever this happens they get a round of applause.
Thats sad, probably why I'll be single when I'm 50 :smile:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Thats sad, probably why I'll be single when I'm 50 :smile:

haha yeh me too :d

Spoiler

Original post by InfamousSolid
haha yeh me too :d

Spoiler

Aw dw, I've learnt that couples get bored of each other, but it's almost impossible to get bored of yourself.

So it's all good! :biggrin:

I think I will be single for the rest of my life, I might become a nun, I mean I might aswell.

*googles "nunnery near me"* :redface:
Aw dw, I've learnt that couples get bored of each other, but it's almost impossible to get bored of yourself.

So it's all good! :biggrin:

I think I will be single for the rest of my life, I might become a nun, I mean I might aswell.

*googles "nunnery near me"* :redface:

yeah, definetely impossible to get bored of myself
:wink: :wink: :wink:
LOL sorry i had to, but i want a real relationship tbh, not one of those 4 month ones! :biggrin:
i guess i'm waiting then :tongue:
I feel sorry for your sister :sad: Why the hell people get into relationships if they start cheating :facepalm: Just be single and bang with whoever you want and stop hurting other people :unimpressed: This is what I'm scared of, if I ever find a boyfriend and start a relationship with him that he will start going to the dirty side and meet up another men behind my back :sad:
(edited 8 years ago)
yeah, definetely impossible to get bored of myself
:wink: :wink: :wink:
LOL sorry i had to, but i want a real relationship tbh, not one of those 4 month ones! :biggrin:
i guess i'm waiting then :tongue:

Thank you for that mental image at this hour.

Oh I see, I want to be a palm tree (lol sleep deprivation is talking to you XD) Your dream is far more achievable than mine, so good luck! :smile:
Thank you for that mental image at this hour.

Oh I see, I want to be a palm tree (lol sleep deprivation is talking to you XD) Your dream is far more achievable than mine, so good luck! :smile:

ye i want to be a palm tree too
always dreamed of growing coconuts, swaying in the wind
what about you?
You can say what you want about me on the other thread about being tossed off in public and that means I have loose morals, but I have never, ever, cheated on someone before and I never will. Cheating is for weak people with no sense of duty, and people who have no sense of duty are scum.
what about you?

what? :confused:
A lot of men I know don't even respect women, merely just use them for sex. I often get called old-fashioned or prude because I have old fashioned views regarding relationships/sex ... this is exactly why, I don't like where our society is heading. I don't even know how I feel about raising a daughter here, will she too be used for sex!?
what about you?

Don't really want my coconuts to sway in the wind tbh. :redface:
Original post by Bealzibub
A lot of men I know don't even respect women, merely just use them for sex. I often get called old-fashioned or prude because I have old fashioned views regarding relationships/sex ... this is exactly why, I don't like where our society is heading. I don't even know how I feel about raising a daughter here, will she too be used for sex!?

It's always been like it really, old fashioned virginity is a pretty crap lie, even the nobility loved to keep lots of whores about, probably because they had to be gentle to their wife and they could do whatever they wanted to these girls.
You're showing a real amount of naivety if your opinion on the entire male population is determined by one guy. Your sister should improve her standards, that's assuming she's still with him.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending