The Student Room Group

I need helo learning.

I need to study for a college admission exam, and i'm very overwhelmed and stressed. There is so much I have to learn, and I don't even know where to start or how to know if i've studied everything I need to, since the guide is not that specific. I only have two months left, but a lot of free time, I just need to organize everything but I don't know where of how to begin. Any tips or advice will be so helpful! Please!
- Start by creating a checklist. List everything you need to study. You say the guide isn't very clear, but if it is an official guide it will tell you everything you need to know.
- Download Anki spaced repetition software, and create flashcards for everything. This way you're only studying things when you absolutely have to (last minute before you forget).
- Work your way through each day, committing as much time to studying as you can.
- Work for 25 minutes and then take a 5 minute break. After completing 4 sessions, take a 30 minute break.

2 months is plenty of time. Good luck.
Reply 2
Thank you so much! I will add this to the things I have to do. I'm also struggling finding motivation because it is so much. But I will try my best, and think that it will be over soon, and I can get past it. I will try.
For the motivation side, practice a visualisation exercise. Narrow in on your reason for taking the admission exam. What will it lead to? What goal is behind it? Visualise yourself having achieved that goal, and feel all the positive emotions associated with it. It sounds stupid, but trust me, it works.
Reply 4
It doesn't sound stupid! I will try it. I think I feel that way because I have to do so much stuff and I didn't know where to begin. I will focus on this.
Original post by VVeronica
Thank you so much! I will add this to the things I have to do. I'm also struggling finding motivation because it is so much. But I will try my best, and think that it will be over soon, and I can get past it. I will try.

The motivation is easy.

Do you want to pass or not? If you don't wnat to pass then why are you doing it?
The only thing that is required is you do your best.

The exam is coming wehether you like it or not, commit or give up, but make a choice and see it through.

The more you organise and do consistent revision the betterr you will feel as you are giving yourself the best chance. Make a schedule/study plan and spread your revision through that by covering all subjects.

Be consistent and reach daily or weekly targets to stay on track. Believe you will try your best. Dont forget to eat well, sleep and relax as well. Worry doesnt get you marks, being unmotivated doesnt get you the result you want.
Doing gives you momentum and reduces stress.
Not doing gives you doubt and worry as well as moving you further away from your goal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending