The Student Room Group

Can people change from their past?

Been with my girlfriend for about 5/6 months now. Other day we decided to have each other's Facebook passwords because we had an argument about her not trusting me and me not trusting her (because of something that happened) so we thought give each other our passwords than we've got nothing to hide. We do normally trust each other but when peoples spreading rumours it just causes problems.

Anyways like an idiot I decided to proper snoop into her messages that she thought she must've deleted but she hadn't. The amount of boys she used to talk to and flirt with is ridiculous. There's none near the time we met but further back there's loads, she wouldn't talk to them much though she would seem to like wen the conversation or ignore them but she would always pop up first. I also know she's slept with over ten people and she's only 17.

She's regrets her past and wishes she never did half the stuff. She knows I hate her past and luckily for her I found out a few months into the relationship otherwise I would have never got with her.

Just wondering if people who used to talk to loads of other people, like be kind of a player and someone's who's slept with that many people at such a young age can actually change and become loyal and faithful?

She's never done anything to betray my trust as far as I know but it really does put me off her. Just don't know how someone who constantly wanted male attention and talked to that many people can suddenly want to be in a relationship? Any thoughts?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I also know she's slept with over ten people and she's only 17.

Bruh.
No, 90% of people are too weak, if they have an addiction or daddy issues they won't get through it, better to cut your losses.
Sorry but if she's been completely faithful to you the entire time you've been with her then what's the problem? She can't change her past but if it really puts you off her that much then you shouldn't be with her.

You've been making threads about how you don't trust her and how her past disgusts you pretty since you got together. It's time to move on because your insecurities aren't going to go away.
Original post by Anonymous
she's slept with over ten people and she's only 17.

Original post by Leftee
Bruh.

To OP people can definitely change but it depends on the severity of the past and in this case it is quite extreme.

I think it depends on whether she is actually taking action to improve right now. You say she regrets, people regret many things but its not serious unless they take action to improve.

Do you see her actively changing from her old self?
Not until they have suffered from their own doings and made effort to understand why instead of distracting themselves with someone new.
Reply 6
course they can.. It just takes time and effort
Reply 7
Young people (i.e, below 20) can have dramatic personality changes within a short space of time
It's only after about age 25, do people become set in their ways
Reply 8
Forgive her for her past and talk to her about how you feel?

Quick Reply