The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mayu123
whats Zoë's username e:smile:

This is her username :smile:
Original post by grace143
So what revision will everyone be doing today?:smile:

Today, I want to do Geography unit 2 , learn diagrams off by heart , do 2 past papers and look on weaknesses :smile: What about you ?
today i want to complete the second literature poetry analysis essay and then get that sent off.
then i would like to plan the third one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by brainzistheword
Hi there, I've done a few but I understand what you mean. I have planned out when I am going to do every available paper so that they are spread out and I don't use them all up before-hand :smile:

Thanks for the reply and that's so clever! Have you allocated it all on a calendar, like one a week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there, I've done a few but I understand what you mean. I have planned out when I am going to do every available paper so that they are spread out and I don't use them all up before-hand :smile:

Wow , well done :smile:
Also, do you reckon examiner's report are useful ? :biggrin: Thanks
Today im going to go over English Lit poetry and make some flashcards for key points of the poems.Then make some flash cards for graphics.Later ill do maths.
Original post by Do it Right
Thanks for the reply and that's so clever! Have you allocated it all on a calendar, like one a week?

Yeah I use Google Calendar and if say there are 8 papers available I'll divide it by the weeks I have left, if that makes sense :smile:

Original post by nisha.sri
Wow , well done :smile:
Also, do you reckon examiner's report are useful ? :biggrin: Thanks

They can be good but I personally don't use them. I think I'm more inclined to just know the content rather than what the examiners what - I find this out from the mark schemes

Original post by Lula'
What do you use to revise for your subjects any specific websites books or tips? I'm getting A's but would like to push that to A*s ?? Thaaaaanks 😄

Hi if you take a look around pages 19-20 there are some of my tips on how i revise for a few subjects :smile: Let me know if you want more detail or other specific subjects :smile:
Yeah I use Google Calendar and if say there are 8 papers available I'll divide it by the weeks I have left, if that makes sense :smile:

They can be good but I personally don't use them. I think I'm more inclined to just know the content rather than what the examiners what - I find this out from the mark schemes

Hi if you take a look around pages 19-20 there are some of my tips on how i revise for a few subjects :smile: Let me know if you want more detail or other specific subjects :smile:

Oh ok :smile: Also about the past papers do you do one everyday ? Also , do you link them up with the subjects you do ? :smile: ( if that makes sense)
Oh ok :smile: Also about the past papers do you do one everyday ? Also , do you link them up with the subjects you do ? :smile: ( if that makes sense)

I don't at the moment but when I start them for the GCSEs in the Easter hols, then I will be doing at least 1 preferably 3 papers per day. I'm going to do my weakest subjects as a priority and then the easier subjects when I want something less taxing. :smile:
I don't at the moment but when I start them for the GCSEs in the Easter hols, then I will be doing at least 1 preferably 3 papers per day. I'm going to do my weakest subjects as a priority and then the easier subjects when I want something less taxing. :smile:

:smile: Ok Your really organised :smile: When's your first exam ? How would you revise the day before your exam?:biggrin:
:smile: Ok Your really organised :smile: When's your first exam ? How would you revise the day before your exam?:biggrin:

well my first exam is ICT and we haven't even been given any past paper details so we can find them which is annoying. But when I do, I'll use them and the day before the exam will go through past papers with the mark scheme and use this to further identify any weaknesses, but then on the morning before the exam I will read through my notes or use any flashcards if I manage to make any :smile:

What do you plan to do?
well my first exam is ICT and we haven't even been given any past paper details so we can find them which is annoying. But when I do, I'll use them and the day before the exam will go through past papers with the mark scheme and use this to further identify any weaknesses, but then on the morning before the exam I will read through my notes or use any flashcards if I manage to make any :smile:

What do you plan to do?

I am planning to look through the specification and make sure i understand everything and then past papers and mark schemes and weaknesses . Lastly go over my notes .. :smile:
I am planning to look through the specification and make sure i understand everything and then past papers and mark schemes and weaknesses . Lastly go over my notes .. :smile:

Very nice, you sound very organised :smile:
Very nice, you sound very organised :smile:

Not really lol :smile:
Yeah I use Google Calendar

Please can you post a pic of your revision calendar (including papers) so i can see how you've laid everything out for each day?

Thanks!
Please can you post a pic of your revision calendar (including papers) so i can see how you've laid everything out for each day?

Thanks!

Sure :smile:

This is for the week when I am off school for Easter, but when it gets closer to the day I will divide the time up into each section of past papers, notes etc

This is for the week when I am off school for Easter, but when it gets closer to the day I will divide the time up into each section of past papers, notes etc

That looks great! I love how you've structured revision :smile:
What links are under the subject folders on your web browser? hehe :smile:
That looks great! I love how you've structured revision :smile:
What links are under the subject folders on your web browser? hehe :smile:

Ah yeah I forgot about them :biggrin:

Most of them are just links to the exam boards for past papers but there are some like for languages which are Quizlet and Atantot. For History I have bitesize and for Geography a site called Ace Geography has loads on case studies :smile:

I have another screenshot of my calendar for yesterday, so you can see how I planned it out more specifically :smile:

That looks great , your really organised :smile: I've probably told you this like 10 times now but you really are :biggrin:.
Ah yeah I forgot about them :biggrin:

Most of them are just links to the exam boards for past papers but there are some like for languages which are Quizlet and Atantot. For History I have bitesize and for Geography a site called Ace Geography has loads on case studies :smile:

I have another screenshot of my calendar for yesterday, so you can see how I planned it out more specifically :smile:

Do you do this every single day?
Are you planning to re-do past papers and do you think there's any point ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending