The Student Room Group

GCSE ART How far are you with your exam piece prep?

Hiya, I am studying for GCSE Art and it's literally going to be the death of me, there's so much to do and I only have 5 weeks left. It's just never going to get done in time with all my other revision as well :c
Original post by rm715
Hiya, I am studying for GCSE Art and it's literally going to be the death of me, there's so much to do and I only have 5 weeks left. It's just never going to get done in time with all my other revision as well :c

Hey, im not GCSE anymore but was last year.
Firstly 5 weeks is quite a lot of time, personally i have 2 weeks to get all my exam prep done and although i have fewer subjects (bc AS) there are other coursework heavy subjects that need finishing. If by exam prep you mean a prep sheet and sketchbook etc (just guessing here bc that is what we have to produce) then i would suggest doing a piece a day or more if you can. Typically it takes about 21 pieces (depending on size) to fill a prep sheet without photos so if you just did that that would take about an hour a day for 3 weeks. Also luckily for you, you are allowed to touch your coursweork after the exams so i believe however with the new AS you aren't. After th 10 hour exam that is it i believe :smile:
good luck, it is highly doable :smile: xxx
Original post by rm715

Hi there,
I also do art GCSE and with a week left before I get a load more work to do I have 3 research pages, 2 a3 paintings, a title page, and annotations. So yeah, I have quite a lot!:tongue: I should finish.. I think.... How much do you have to do?

I know people in my class who have done about 20% of the entire coursework, yr10 , yr11 and the exam. What is your exam topic? Mine is past present future:smile:.
I know this is a fairly old post, but does anyone have any good advice for developmental pieces? I have to do 6 by the 18th april, and so far i have done 3, running out of ideas! my theme is 'The Snow Queen' (the story lol) :smile: any sketchbook advice too please thanks!
My exam's on April 18th & 19th and I've done quite a lot of prep but still not sure on a final piece.
My theme is 'outline' and my teacher wants me to take photos :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest