The Student Room Group

Taking a break from my girlfriend?

So we've been going out for 3 months, we have hit a really rough patch in our relationship and neither of us want to break up so I was thinking about taking a break?? any better ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
So we've been going out for 3 months, we have hit a really rough patch in our relationship and neither of us want to break up so I was thinking about taking a break?? any better ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Work through your issues together, maybe give each other some space but i dont think taking a break necessarily solves anything.
We were on a break!
Reply 3
I never understood how couples can 'take a break'.... What would be the rules..? can you shag other people?
Reply 4
Original post by Charles_2nd
We were on a break!

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Unless you want it to end in a cliche scenario with you chasing after her at the airport, I don't think a break is a good idea.
We were on a break!

Ffs I'm late :lol: Gotta love Friends
Reply 7
Original post by Hodor_van_Groot
Ffs I'm late :lol: Gotta love Friends

so annoyed my gif didnt show :cry2: haha yes you were :tong:

Can't stand Rachel
Reply 9
Can't stand Rachel

haha sometimes she is anoyying, my fave was Joey though, he's :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing hilarious :rofl:
Have a Kit Kat. :wink:
Can't stand Rachel

noo rachel was the best she was so hot
Hitting a rough patch and taking a break after three months seems incredibly soon. At this point you should still be getting to know one another and falling for each other, and if you're already getting on each other's nerves that isn't a good sign.

Taking a break isn't a good idea, as it allows you both to go and do things with other people, which inevitably leads to jealously and insecurity. If you're having issues then maturely and calmly talk things through with her, and maybe give each other a bit of space for a while.

But unless you're okay with the idea of her sleeping with other people, a break isn't good for a relationship, especially one as new as yours.
Original post by mkap
haha sometimes she is anoyying, my fave was Joey though, he's :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing hilarious :rofl:

To be honest, a break won't solve anything because ultimately it will end in a split. Your relationship is new, too new that problems shouldn't be arising so soon. If you've hit a rough patch, talk to her and give her some space. A break will lead to insecurity, facing even more problems and getting back to square one. If it leads to a break, it's time to split up.
Original post by jawsontheflooor
noo rachel was the best she was so hot

She was hot but Chandler was the best
Reply 16
x

you lost 10 points :naughty:

Spoiler

People just take a break in relationships are weird. You are already having a break after 3 months clearly showing that the relationship is not working. Just end it, seriously.
Original post by mkap

you lost 10 points :naughty:

Spoiler

Haha, who do you side with?
Reply 19
Haha, who do you side with?

out of the Ross-Rachel break? Rachel. Ross was over possessive and its his fault the break happened in the first place,

Quick Reply

Latest