The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ElspethC
I haven't started applying for finance yet :s-smilie: Do we need to have got a student bank account set up before we do it? I'm not 18 until summer so I still have a child's account at the moment.

ermmm i have no idea, im already 18 XD, im assuming go to your bank and ask?
they might give you an account and make it a student one when you turn 18 etc..
either ask someone at your bank or call a number on the student gov website
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Downymouse59
trust me when i say this, start it now, cause it takess agesssss :/

But they ask you for your accomodation and I don't have mine yet?
Original post by cookiemonster15
But they ask you for your accomodation and I don't have mine yet?

The deadline for SF is in May so id suggest you apply for it and then maybe put your personal account as to where the finance will go because that can easily be changed as you can't get a student account until you have confirmation from UCAS after results day that you're definitely going to uni. In terms of accomodation I'd suggest apply for it now and if the result of how much finance you're entitled to isn't enough then you can change your accomodation once. Hope this helps! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Daniel9998
What room type you applying for?

Hey fam I got an Ensuite offer for Rutland 🙌🏽
Original post by Valyrian
Hey fam I got an Ensuite offer for Rutland 🙌🏽

:smile: I will see you there
Hey, I've been allocated a single study in Florence Boot too. There's a few of us on the Nottingham Facebook page
Original post by Crozzer24
Anybody received an offer for Florence boot hall?
Original post by rosa_morgan
Hey, I've been allocated a single study in Florence Boot too. There's a few of us on the Nottingham Facebook page

What is the fb page called? I can't find one for the hall
It's just the general University of Nottingham Freshers 2016-2017 page :smile: There's about 4 of us- we're hoping to find more FloBo people and then make a group chat or something :smile:
Could you possibly share the link, i have found two freshers pages but i don't know if they are the right ones :smile:
Original post by rosa_morgan
It's just the general University of Nottingham Freshers 2016-2017 page :smile: There's about 4 of us- we're hoping to find more FloBo people and then make a group chat or something :smile:

Could
I got an En Suite at Cavendish. Apparantly out of the 3 blocks there, only one is good. Apparently I won't know where I'm placed until I arrive at Uni? Also this information is about 5 years old within the forums so I'm not sure what to believe.

Is it worth taking the gamble? 6 grand is a lot to be spending on something when I can be happier with a Shared Bathroom in better facilities and closer to my lecture buildings. Student loan hopefully covers most of it, but still.
Original post by ChillGod
I got an En Suite at Cavendish. Apparantly out of the 3 blocks there, only one is good. Apparently I won't know where I'm placed until I arrive at Uni? Also this information is about 5 years old within the forums so I'm not sure what to believe.

Is it worth taking the gamble? 6 grand is a lot to be spending on something when I can be happier with a Shared Bathroom in better facilities and closer to my lecture buildings. Student loan hopefully covers most of it, but still.

I've got an ensuite in cavendish aswell :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been put in Cavendish even though my first choice was broadgate :s-smilie: Don't know how to feel about it tbh
Original post by WaywardWriter
I've been put in Cavendish even though my first choice was broadgate :s-smilie: Don't know how to feel about it tbh

You should email the accomodation people as clearly Broadgate is Self Catered whereas Cavendish is Catered! They reply in like 1/2 hours
Original post by ChillGod

The rooms I got shown round when I visited looked good? It isn't the most appealing from the outside but it's nice enough inside, and I think it was done up quite recently. One thing I do know is that all the rooms have their own mini-fridge!

https://www.studentcrowd.com/hall-l1004971-s1044550-cavendish-hall-university_of_nottingham,_the-nottingham has reviews from last year, it has 4/5 overall, some mixed reviews.
You should email the accomodation people as clearly Broadgate is Self Catered whereas Cavendish is Catered! They reply in like 1/2 hours

Lol I emailed them about 3 weeks ago and they never got back to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emily1414xo
Lol I emailed them about 3 weeks ago and they never got back to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's really weird, usually they reply to me in 1/2 hours and I've emailed them about 5 times already
Has anyone been and visited Florence boot hall? Been allocated single study but not sure if i will like it as its small and seems old fashioned
Reply 97
got shared bathroom plus with a mate at cripps
Original post by Crozzer24
Has anyone been and visited Florence boot hall? Been allocated single study but not sure if i will like it as its small and seems old fashioned

If you go on youtube and type in florence boot hall some students give a tour of it, it has pool tables etc

Yeah, they got back to me this morning and gave me a list of all the remaining accommodation options for me to choose from. In the end I opted for a large ensuite at St Peter's court. If anyone wants to know the remaining available options let me know :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending