The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Will King's give us accommodation based on which campus we are at? If the medics are at Guy's they wouldn't want the accommodation close to the Strand campus etc
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Jack354
Will King's give us accommodation based on which campus we are at? If the medics are at Guy's they wouldn't want the accommodation close to the Strand campus etc

They said in their new accommodation policy that they do not allocate accommodation based on which campuses we are at... So it is going to depend only on your preference regarding either the room type or the price :s-smilie:
Original post by amityville
Cool I'm sure that you would enjoy either but hopefully you get to see more on an offer holders day. Good luck though with your ability you don't need luck 🙂

Hi there, congratulations to your daughter
Has she chosen kings or Cardiff or imperial has her firm.

I'm not sure whether to choose Cardiff or kings
Original post by thechemistress
Yeah, I think I'm just gonna pop round to both of them for a visit and hopefully that will help.
Thank you, that's very nice of you to say :h:

Hi there, I saw you are confused between choosing Kings or Birmingham. Do you know which one your leaning towards and why ? :smile:

I have a choice of those two and can't figure out which to choose
Original post by 0shas0
Hi there, congratulations to your daughter
Has she chosen kings or Cardiff or imperial has her firm.

I'm not sure whether to choose Cardiff or kings
thank you re your good wishes for her and well done on your offers. She has firmed Cardiff and insured Brighton. She felt the imperial offer with an a*aa was a lot of pressure and her personal view was she didn't like Kings at all I'm afraid but that's only her opinion. You do need to decide soon if you can as Cardiff people can already book their accommodation choices as she already has and its first come first served on results day in order of who firmed and booked first.
Original post by amityville
thank you re your good wishes for her and well done on your offers. She has firmed Cardiff and insured Brighton. She felt the imperial offer with an a*aa was a lot of pressure and her personal view was she didn't like Kings at all I'm afraid but that's only her opinion. You do need to decide soon if you can as Cardiff people can already book their accommodation choices as she already has and its first come first served on results day in order of who firmed and booked first.

Thank you. I think I'm going to end up choosing Birmingham and then Kings College London.
What was the reason she didn't like Kings ?
Original post by 0shas0
Thank you. I think I'm going to end up choosing Birmingham and then Kings College London.
wrong feel for her when she went and their reputation for poor organisation.
Original post by MrDystopia
I'm sorry for the late reply. As always anyone fire questions my way. I used to study medicine before I switched course :smile:

:O

What made you leave medicine, and what are you studying now?
Original post by 0shas0

Help me!! How did you decide between KCL and Birmingham?

Which area did you like better? I would choose Birmingham because I wanna move out and I guess it's more affordable than London.b

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can you private message me, I can't private message you because your inbox is full 😂

Do you still apply for accomodation even if you chose KCL as your insurance choice? I know the opening date is tomorrow, do I do it then?
Has anyone else not reiceved any login details for accommodation?
Original post by ruben_sk
Do you still apply for accomodation even if you chose KCL as your insurance choice? I know the opening date is tomorrow, do I do it then?

Nope, you can't apply for accommodation if it's your insurance.
Original post by AMNeeson
Has anyone else not reiceved any login details for accommodation?

Yeah I haven't! :/
Can you only receive log in details if you have firmed?
Original post by Jalouise
Can you only receive log in details if you have firmed?

I'm guessing so because Kings don't allow you to apply for accommodation unless you have formed them.
Original post by Annettee
Nope, you can't apply for accommodation if it's your insurance.

oh, so how does it work then, if its your insurance do you just end up wherever there is a free place? and if they are your insurance, as long as you get the grades then Kings have to accept you right?
Original post by 0shas0
oh, so how does it work then, if its your insurance do you just end up wherever there is a free place? and if they are your insurance, as long as you get the grades then Kings have to accept you right?

Provided you miss your firm then yes Kings would accept you. However I'd presume you would be really lucky to get accommodation at the last minute, cause you would have to go on the waiting list with others who have firmed Kings but say didn't get the accommodation they wanted. So you aren't guaranteed for accommodation if Kings is your insurance, nope.
Damn, so I ukr have o find my own place. Kings won't be able to fork something out? Damn.....
Original post by Annettee
Provided you miss your firm then yes Kings would accept you. However I'd presume you would be really lucky to get accommodation at the last minute, cause you would have to go on the waiting list with others who have firmed Kings but say didn't get the accommodation they wanted. So you aren't guaranteed for accommodation if Kings is your insurance, nope.

Latest