The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not much.

But religion, in my opinion, should be personal. It should affect the individual and the focus should be on the relationship between the individual and the God that they believe in. So no, it hasn't benefitted the West but I don't think religion should be like that anyway. If that makes sense? :redface:
Lack of religion is what benefits the west
Original post by JavaScriptMaster

Jquery > javascript

Posted from TSR Mobile
No greedy bloodsucking bankers. Usury must be destroyed.
Reply 5
Original post by Maker
What do you think are the benefits of Islam to the West?

Thanks to Islam and incident involving this religion political correctness and the left-wing cultural relativist ideology is getting destroyed.

Without Islam we would today live in a society where multiculturalism and other similar ideologies like feminism would be accepted as a norm.

Other "benefits" I cannot think of.
Original post by Maker
What do you think are the benefits of Islam to the West?

You could argue that much of the initial development of countries in Europe was due to the impending threat of an Islamic invasion. This eventually led to the crusades and then further European expansion once they had ended which actually led to the formation of the West as we know it. Also millions of Muslim fought alongside us in WW2 and the outcome of the war especially in parts of Asia could have been different without their help.
None whatsoever.

Arab migrants however have done loads; particularly in helping our NHS and are a wonderful addition to our community in many, many cases.
Original post by HucktheForde
Jquery > javascript

Posted from TSR Mobile

mate, Node.JS is not called Node.jQuery for a reason! Javascript is love... Javascript is life. jQuery was just a fad, old-school JavaScript is here to stay
well, some muslims might get *given* benefits...but other than that, none whatsoever.
I cannot see any.
Please help me see.
Original post by slaven
Thanks to Islam and incident involving this religion political correctness and the left-wing cultural relativist ideology is getting destroyed.

Without Islam we would today live in a society where multiculturalism and other similar ideologies like feminism would be accepted as a norm.

Other "benefits" I cannot think of.

It's curious isn't it? Many of those who espoused the causes of feminism and LGBT rights (things I am wholly in favour of btw) are the same ones who are trying to convince us that we must accept millions of people who hate feminism and would love to throw homosexuals into furnaces.
I guess you could say that the value of the family unit - which has been nearly eradicated in The West (because tha state's yo daddy now) - is something our society could greatly benefit from.

Other than that, absolutely nothing. That's not to say that many Muslims haven't been a benefit to us but the religion of Islam itself.........nah.

lack of people with minds like yours benefits the west. Religion is a personal thing, should be your own where it guides you the right way, nobody is forcing religion down your throat.
Human Rights Act states that it is a human right to believe in a religion or not and change religions if you wish to do so
tbh its the same in all religions:
- What benefits do we get from Christianity
-What benefits do we get from Judaism
-What benefits do we get from Hinduism
-What benefits do we get from Buddhism
The list goes on mate
Original post by Gnomes&Knights
No greedy bloodsucking bankers. Usury must be destroyed.

There is such a think as Shariah-compliant finance...
(edited 8 years ago)
mate, Node.JS is not called Node.jQuery for a reason! Javascript is love... Javascript is life. jQuery was just a fad, old-school JavaScript is here to stay

There will never be a 'lack of religion'. As Christianity in the UK fades, another faith will inevitably fill the void. It's starting to look like that faith is Islam, unfortunately.
Original post by KimKallstrom
I guess you could say that the value of the family unit - which has been nearly eradicated in The West (because tha state's yo daddy now) - is something our society could greatly benefit from.

Other than that, absolutely nothing. That's not to say that many Muslims haven't been a benefit to us but the religion of Islam itself.........nah.

+1

Islamic society has much better morals than Western society, but the casual antisemitism, homophobia, sexism and racism detracts from the good points Islam brings.
Original post by sfaraj
lack of people with minds like yours benefits the west. Religion is a personal thing, should be your own where it guides you the right way, nobody is forcing religion down your throat.
Human Rights Act states that it is a human right to believe in a religion or not and change religions if you wish to do so

Yea your right about religion being a personal matter, what I'm saying is that religions are a set of guidelines and rules (emphasis in the rules) that were written thousands of years ago when humans knew diddly squat about the earth compared to now, these rules and guidelines haven't changed since, unlike the way we run countries and develop with breakthroughs in science and technology which most religions mention that is going against "The Will of God". When you use religion to govern countries and guide people in today's age it just doesn't work... you know what the most well developed countries in the world are? Places like Norway, Austria, Netherlands, Sweden, New Zealand, Japan, Finland. All of those places have the highest rates of atheism as well. Now look at places that have little atheism and loads of religion like South America, Africa, South Asia... Where would you rather live? in the land of the atheists or the land of the believers?
Original post by Dirty Dawah
+1

Islamic society has much better morals than Western society, but the casual antisemitism, homophobia, sexism and racism detracts from the good points Islam brings.

Don't forget the misogyny, the bigotry, the hatred, the sectarianism, but yea, Islam has great values.
Oh and don't forget the lack of freedom.

*Tiny edit, actually Islam is the least racist of all religions. It clearly says that everyone of any colour are equal.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending