The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews 2016 Postgraduate Students

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GracieIsCrazy
I've been offered MSc Health Psychology as long as I get a 2:1. How about you?

2:1 for MSc Evolutionary and Comparative Psychology. Which university are you at now? And what course?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by Swordfish123
2:1 for MSc Evolutionary and Comparative Psychology. Which university are you at now? And what course?

I'm currently at the University of Aberdeen studying BSc Psychology. Evolutionary and Comparative Psychology sounds really interesting! Do you know which department you'll be based in, we might bump into each other at some point :tongue:
Original post by GracieIsCrazy
I'm currently at the University of Aberdeen studying BSc Psychology. Evolutionary and Comparative Psychology sounds really interesting! Do you know which department you'll be based in, we might bump into each other at some point :tongue:

Cool! How is it there? Yes I'm very much looking forward to the course! My undergrad has been largely concentrated on these areas and I enjoy them at lot :-)

The course is in the School of Psychology and Neuroscience, is it the same for you?
Reply 43
Hello everyone:smile:! Just accepted the unconditional offer from University of St Andrews for MSc in InformationTechnology. Wondering who else will be doing this course starting in September 2016? Would be nice to know students from the same course and other courses before arriving in St Andrews.:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by fina_g
Hello everyone:smile:! Just accepted the unconditional offer from University of St Andrews for MSc in InformationTechnology. Wondering who else will be doing this course starting in September 2016? Would be nice to know students from the same course and other courses before arriving in St Andrews.:smile:

I'll be on MSc Human-Computer Interaction in September so we will both be in the same department and may even share some modules!
Original post by Museum
Thank you!! I will be studying Museum and Gallery Studies! By the way, I am a German applicant. Anyone else from Germany here?

Mee :biggrin: !! Hey there :smile:

I'll be doing International Business
Reply 46
Just received my offer for Philosophy today! But they stipulated that I achieve higher than a 65... Odd. :danceboy:
Anyone here who applied for student accomodation? I wonder how long it takes until they tell you where you're going to stay .. ( in case you get a room :biggrin:)
Reply 48
Original post by BlueberryB
Anyone here who applied for student accomodation? I wonder how long it takes until they tell you where you're going to stay .. ( in case you get a room :biggrin:)

Yeah, actually I have the same question in my heard. I thought they would start sending offer on 1 April.
Original post by bigfrog
Yeah, actually I have the same question in my heard. I thought they would start sending offer on 1 April.

Yup on the website it says allocation starts on April 1st. I really hope they'll be quick with the decision.
Reply 50
Yup on the website it says allocation starts on April 1st. I really hope they'll be quick with the decision.

me too, may I know which hall have you applied?
Original post by bigfrog
me too, may I know which hall have you applied?

My first choice was David Russell, second is deans court, st. gregorys, angus, albany and last one is uni managed property. Whats yours ?
Reply 52

I applied on the day they opened applications (1st of March). Having email them they told me that offers for accommodation will be sent out this month so hopefully now long now until we hear. I'm hoping for Fife Park.
Reply 53
Original post by HCI
I applied on the day they opened applications (1st of March). Having email them they told me that offers for accommodation will be sent out this month so hopefully now long now until we hear. I'm hoping for Fife Park.

Oh my god, I have never had any emails about the accommodation. I understand that they start the application on 1 March, but I tried in Feb and "successfully" submitted. Now I am super worry.
Reply 54
My first choice was David Russell, second is deans court, st. gregorys, angus, albany and last one is uni managed property. Whats yours ?

I have not applied David Russell, and the others follow as yours.
Original post by bigfrog
Oh my god, I have never had any emails about the accommodation. I understand that they start the application on 1 March, but I tried in Feb and "successfully" submitted. Now I am super worry.

If the link was working in Feb it should be fine I think. But you can always email them, they are very quick with replying. I had an issue with my application for accomodation and they fixed it within a couple of hours.
Reply 56
If the link was working in Feb it should be fine I think. But you can always email them, they are very quick with replying. I had an issue with my application for accommodation and they fixed it within a couple of hours.

It's lucky getting in in February. I tried nearly every day the two weeks leading up until opening and although I could log in, I couldn't actually apply. I'm assuming that we will receive an email when we have been allocated the accommodation. I've just logged into the system and nothing currently appears under "Your Offer".
Original post by HCI
It's lucky getting in in February. I tried nearly every day the two weeks leading up until opening and although I could log in, I couldn't actually apply. I'm assuming that we will receive an email when we have been allocated the accommodation. I've just logged into the system and nothing currently appears under "Your Offer".

Same here. My guess would be two weeks until they're done. Fingers crossed :biggrin:
Reply 58
Same here. My guess would be two weeks until they're done. Fingers crossed :biggrin:

I'm really hoping for Fife Park. They are nice and new and are £6029 for the year. Some of the DRA ones were very expensive just for an ensuite. My guess would be if it's done on a first come, first serve basis, we should all be okay applying this early.
Original post by HCI
I'm really hoping for Fife Park. They are nice and new and are £6029 for the year. Some of the DRA ones were very expensive just for an ensuite. My guess would be if it's done on a first come, first serve basis, we should all be okay applying this early.

Was Fife Park the one which is PG only?
Would be great if everybody would get their first choice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending