The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by High Stakes
From my understanding, the ISAs are worth 50 raw marks!

In the test, there's 15 marks for section A and 15 marks for section B.

And there's 8 marks for the table where the student records their results.

So that's 38. Where are the other 12 marks from?

@Compost - Do you by any chance know? Thank you!

Which route are you taking - the ISA route or the EMPA route (where there is a formal exam at the end)?

I suspect they scale is up from the initial raw total to a raw total of 50 before converting to UMS. I also think you'll find it isn't always as 15:15 split on Sections A and B.
Original post by Compost
Which route are you taking - the ISA route or the EMPA route (where there is a formal exam at the end)?

I suspect they scale is up from the initial raw total to a raw total of 50 before converting to UMS. I also think you'll find it isn't always as 15:15 split on Sections A and B.

I'm taking an ISA! :smile:

On the AQA Spec website it says:

CHM6T, Centre Marked Route T (50 raw marks/60 UMS)
Practical Skills Assessment (PSA 12 raw marks)
Investigative Skills Assignment (ISA 38 raw marks)

What is the PSA? Which adds up to the total 50 marks I guess.
Reply 3
What is the PSA? .

Candidates are assessed throughout the course on practical skills, using a scale from 0 to 12. The mark submitted for practical skills should be judged by the teacher.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Compost
Candidates are assessed throughout the course onpractical skills, using a scale from 0 to 12. The marksubmitted for practical skills should be judged by theteacher.

Oh I see! Thank you!! :smile: That's put my mind to ease.
Reply 5
Oh I see! Thank you!! :smile: That's put my mind to ease.

I lifted that straight from the Chemistry specification but I am fairly certain it applies to all 3 Sciences.

Latest