The Student Room Group

Where you live?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kvothe the arcane

You should always look on the bright side, I heard Oldham has a nice river to do some fishing. I mean it could always be worse.

Do you usually frequent Old Trafford stadium for games?
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Paris, and it's amazing :ahee:

Is it true Parisans think French is the superior language? :wink:
Original post by King !
Wandsworth

Wandsworth is a really nice area:tongue:.

Do you like it there?
Original post by hezzlington
Is it true Parisans think French is the superior language? :wink:

They don't ! And french are stupid lol they're too lazy to learn new languages ! :3
Original post by I took ur girl
You should always look on the bright side, I heard Oldham has a nice river to do some fishing. I mean it could always be worse.

Do you usually frequent Old Trafford stadium for games?

I went to the sixth form college there. It's not bad. I lived in a town called Failsworth which is between Oldham and Manchester.

Not really. I'm no longer into soccer. But I do hear the cheers on weekends. One of my housemates is a big fan tho. Moved up from Kent to be close :eek: because he's a season ticket holder and is saving a lot of money he'd spend before on hotels.
Original post by Proxenus
ewww

I knew someone would get the wrong impression :rolleyes: No, I dont live with the chavs.
Paris, and it's amazing :ahee:

Oh no! I don't really like Paris, last time someone tried selling me burnt corn on a stick outside the local kebabish. The people are brutes and very rude.

And the public transport is the worst!

The buses have no seats.:nope:
They don't ! And french are stupid lol they're too lazy to learn new languages ! :3

FrenchUnicorn says this in English :wink:
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
I knew someone would get the wrong impression :rolleyes: No, I dont live with the chavs.

What part of Essex do live in?

Woah! I am generally speechless.

You generally sound like you love where you live.:erm: I can see why you'd want to move back.

Where do you live exactly, if you don't mind me asking?

Well hopefully, by the time I've moved back to settle with a husband and kids, the economy has improved significantly (I will make sure this happens when I become PM :colonhash: )

Oldham
Brighton :biggrin: near the seaside. It's so cute and homely for me. I was born and have lived in the same house for 23 years (except moving up north for a year but I came back!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hezzlington
FrenchUnicorn says this in English :wink:

Aw I'm a particular case lol, I just like learning languages xD I'm fluent in french' english, arabic, I understand german, I'm currently learning Czech, and in 2/3 years I think I'll learn Russian :biggrin:
But if you ask where are the toilet here, people will be like "euhh .. Euh hello ! Euh caneuh you reeepeeeet pleeez ?
Oh no! I don't really like Paris, last time someone tried selling me burnt corn on a stick outside the local kebabish. The people are brutes and very rude.

And the public transport is the worst!

The buses have no seats.:nope:

Paris is amazing ! Didn't you take the metro ? Buses are not that great, but metro is more used.
And people are not rude.. We Parisian are just really stressed and pressed :innocent:
Original post by Serine Soul
Well hopefully, by the time I've moved back to settle with a husband and kids, the economy has improved significantly (I will make sure this happens when I become PM :colonhash: )

You should settle down in Cambridge xx.
You should settle down in Cambridge xx.

Lol screw that

Have you seen the house prices there?

I'd quite like to live in Saddleworth tbh

Have you seen the house prices there?

Think of the mad dolla you'll make after NatSci.
(edited 7 years ago)
North East of England :h:
I went to the sixth form college there. It's not bad. I lived in a town called Failsworth which is between Oldham and Manchester.

Not really. I'm no longer into soccer. But I do hear the cheers on weekends. One of my housemates is a big fan tho. Moved up from Kent to be close :eek: because he's a season ticket holder and is saving a lot of money he'd spend before on hotels.

Don't you get tired or annoyed, of having to do deal with the hooligans and constant chanting of the fans when you are trying to chill in peace?

And all you hear is "United, United, United". "Come on you Reds".:tongue:
Think of the mad dolla you'll make after NatSci.

The mad dolla that I'd quite like to blow as I earn :redface:
The mad dolla that I'd quite like to blow :flute: as I earn :redface:

It's okay hun. There's easier ways to get promotions x. Just use that drive that's gotten you a Cambridge offer.

Don't you get tired or annoyed, of having to do deal with the hooligans and constant chanting of the fans when you are trying to chill in peace?

And all you hear is "United, United, United". "Come on you Reds".:tongue:

It's not bad actually :smile:. Just annoying if I'm trying to get public transport.

I grew up in Croydon and Brixton actually before moving overseas for a few years so I know south London a bit. I still visit.
What part of Essex do live in?

Redbridge :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest