The Student Room Group

Where you live?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Mmmh I don't agree at all.. Where exactly have you been ? Parisian do like tourists !
And btw if you're trying to have a seat in the metro yeah you're not from there :lol: :lol:

To be honest I was in a really ghetto part of Paris. The area looked like that movie "La Haine". But in the central of Paris people are actually really friendly.:dontknow:
Original post by I took ur girl
To be honest I was in a really ghetto part of Paris. The area looked like that movie "La Haine". But in the central of Paris people are actually really friendly.:dontknow:

Okay I see, and it's not about being in the center it just depends on the arrondissement ^.^
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
:lol:

At least I have a Plan B :colone:
I :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing hate my shite area...(NW London) ugh
Original post by toonervoustotalk
And Redbridge is also a town :rolleyes:

You need to know them endz fam :toofunny:

I mean some parts of London are in Redbridge like Ilford, but Ilford might also be part of Essex, I am not sure.:dontknow:
Okay I see, and it's not about being in the center it just depends on the arrondissement ^.^

So, say someone lives in 5th Arrondissement, what about that?
I mean some parts of London are in Redbridge like Ilford, but Ilford might also be part of Essex, I am not sure.:dontknow:

Yeah Ilford is in Essex...whenever I go to Ilford I feel like puking
Original post by ravioliyears
The town-y area of North London is v noisy, yh I agree. Taking public transport anywhere in London is a pain :lol:

Tell me about it :redface: the busses are the worst during rush hour as well, so I resort to wearing sound isolating headphones and zoning out as quickly as possible. :tongue: I've not lived in London all my life so I'm wondering whether I'm just not used to it?
Original post by homeland.lsw
Yeah Ilford is in Essex...whenever I go to Ilford I feel like puking

Oh yeah, Ilford is terrible. It's always over crowded and every time I pass there I get nauseous.:redface:
So, say someone lives in 5th Arrondissement, what about that?

It's really great there !! It's where La Sorbonne is (my med school was around there :love: ) , c'est le quartier Latin, it's pretty intellectual and young there, a great place !! :3
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
Tell me about it :redface: the busses are the worst during rush hour as well, so I resort to wearing sound isolating headphones and zoning out as quickly as possible. :tongue: I've not lived in London all my life so I'm wondering whether I'm just not used to it?

Haha, I do exactly that! But when I fall asleep on the bus, I don't wake up and when I do, its the final stop of the service :/ Lol. I travel by train a lot though nowadays, which is even worse when you fall asleep :lol: It could be that, but I don't think you could ever get used to it. Imo the bus and tube services here are quite unreliable in a way, so you don't know what to get used to - if that makes sense.
I :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing hate my shite area...(NW London) ugh

Part of NW London?:tongue:
Original post by Serine Soul

Spoiler

Spoiler

Oh yeah, Ilford is terrible. It's always over crowded and every time I pass there I get nauseous.:redface:

Ugh...I hate Ilford town centre, full of hooligans and annoying people
It's really great there !! It's where La Sorbonne is (my med school was around there :love: ) , c'est le quartier Latin, it's pretty intellectual and young there, a great place !! :3

Tu connais Place Maubert? (Maubert Mutualité) sur Line 10?
Part of NW London?:tongue:

Same place as @||TheUnknown||

I classify ilford as East London

I call Essex after Upney and Seven Kings :lol: but thats me
It baffles me as well tbh
Ugh...I hate Ilford town centre, full of hooligans and annoying people

Tu connais Place Maubert? (Maubert Mutualité) sur Line 10?

Ligne* ^^

Ouiii ! Place Maube ! C'est sympatoche bas, près du boulevard St-Germain et de la 2ème meilleure école de médecine de France :P
Oxfordshire
Original post by hezzlington
do you guys have scouse-like accents?

NO!!! :smile:

Tbh it depends where you live. I live in Macclesfield which a stones throw from Derbyshire and Staffordshire and sound nothing like someone from Chester or the Wirrall.
(edited 8 years ago)
Ligne* ^^

Ouiii ! Place Maube ! C'est sympatoche bas, près du boulevard St-Germain et de la 2ème meilleure école de médecine de France :P

:ahee: parce que, ma cousine y'habite (?) et, peut-etre, cette ete je vais vister elle!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest